Sunday, February 20, 2011

Memories

Today's card is very simple. Not many embellishments or anything like that. See for yourself.



I made this card following the sketch on Repeat impressions blog. All I did was emboss the brown paper from Sizzix' Little Sizzles "Earth tones" pack with the Cottage floral embossing folder from Craft concepts'. This was the first time I have done some embossing and I loved it! Then I used the Spellbinders scallop oval and oval dies to cut the dies from silver and blue-white papers from my stash. I used Cloud 9 Design studio's sentiment stamp (from the pack Simple thoughts - memories) for this card. I also used Eurohobby's punch, a button and some ribbon from my stash. I've had this blue ribbon for a while, but I've never used it, but today it was just perfect for this flower I was going to make. This button you see, well, I bought a couple of them about a month ago in the store where they are selling stuff for sewing. I just thought they were pretty and I knew they would come handy eventually. ;)

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
Repeat impressions: Sketch F911
Simon says stamp: Make your own embellishment
Fab'n'funky: Make your own

7 comments:

  1. wow I love this stunning CAS layout and your flower is a perfect focal point...beautiful Cebelica
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the embossing :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I'm loving the colors and The flower is gorgeous! Great job :0). Have a blessed day!
    Hugs, Carol L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW....I love this it may be simple but its simply stunning I love it it really is amazing hun..

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, love the embossing and fab colours, thanks for joining us at fab n funky, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card :-) the embossing is lovely and ther flower you made is beautiful :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)