Sunday, February 27, 2011

Brown like a chocolate

Hello everybody! How are you? We finally got some sun again today and it was lovely. Gosh, how I miss spring! Thank you all very much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Reading your lovely comments always puts me in a good mood. Hugs!

Today's card is a bit special. Why? I wanted to do something different so I used a big handmade flower instead of a cute image for the center of my card.


To make this flower I used a pretty wide dark brown ribbon. Isn't it great? I got this ribbon from my grandma and I love it. Button is from my stash. The beautiful creamy paper in the background is from K&Company's recycled pack of papers "Earth browns" and the brownish patterned paper is from Sizzix's Little sizzles "Earth tones". The doily lace was originally white, but I colored it with Tim Holtz's Brushed corduroy distress ink. In the corners of the strips I stamped with corner swirly floral clear stamp from Folia. For stamping I used Tim Holtz's ink as well. At the ends of the stips I added gold brads. I followed the sketch from Repeat impressions.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
Simon says stamp!: Coffee and cream
Paper Romance: Anything goes
Stampin' B's: Flowers
Stamp something: Flowers
Crazy 4 challenges: Flowers
Repeat impressions: Sketch F2311
Dream valley: Anything goes
Southern girls challenge: Brads, gems or dewdrops
Simpy create: Flowers

17 comments:

  1. So gorgeous hun, brilliant! Hugs, Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Cebelica. Love the coffee colours, very elegant!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful homemade flower! Love the monochromatic browns. Thanks for playing in our first challenge at Dream Valley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Love the chocolate browns :)

    Thanks for joining Paper Romance this week!

    Hugs,
    Sandra P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the layout and the colours and that flower is gooorgeous! Thanks for joining our first challenge at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a GORGEOUS card I love the way you done the whole colour combo.
    Thank you for joining the first ever challenge over at dream valley.
    Huggles xxx
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic idea! That flower is pure genius honey!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card hunni the big flower looks fabulous & I love the colour. Hope you are ok hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. that flower is lovely - well done - great card

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card :-) the flower is stunning ,,, fabulous design :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and DT Call :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful card! Very pretty ribbon flower! Thanks for participating in another Repeat Impressions challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gorgeous card, what a beautiful ribbon flower.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum!! I love the ribbon flower and the layering - a very classy card!

    Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous! Love the ribbon flower as your focal point!
    Thanks for playing at Southern Girls. Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Hun, Thanks for playing along with Southern Girls

    xoxox Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)