Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Christmas card

Last year I learned that you can't ever start making Christmas cards too early. Seriously! Last year I made some in summer, then I had some pause and then I started making them in November again. And I still haven't had enough! So I decided that this year I will be more organized (mind you, I have been saying this for a couple of years now, but haven't had much success yet :$). My idea is that I will be making Christmas cards all through the year. Let's see if I succeed! Here's already the first Christmas card I made this year.


I used the cute Penny Johnson's clear stamp. I love this image! I colored it with Faber Castell and Jolly pencils. For the background I used the gorgeous Scrapwork's Formal affair paper.Isn't it great? The paper with snowflakes was created by me. ;) I just used Single snowflake rubber stamp from Stampabilities, inked it with Versa color's copper ink pad and stamped the image on the white paper. I also inked the edges a bit. As simple as that! :) Swirl was made with Marianne design's stencil. I got the flower in a bag full of flowers from different brands, so I don't know what brand that one is. It was plain orange/yellow, but I stamped with Stampabilities' Faded text background stamp over it (I used the copper ink pad again). Crystals, button and ribbon are from my stash. I think the ribbon came with one box of chocolates which I got for Christmas. :P

I would like to enter this card to the following challenges:
Winter Wonderland: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Bizzy Becs store: Sketch
Party time Tuesday: Anything goes
Craft us crazy: Winter
Top tip Tuesday: Bling it on

14 comments:

  1. lovely! But maybe it is an idea to sent less cards? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card hun.
    I am the same as you so I am trying to make at least 3 a month through the year
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card!!. Thanks for joining our Bling it On challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with starting your Christmas cards early. You have done a wonderful job with the coloring and embellishing. Love the bling! Thanks for sharing and joining us for Top Tip Tuesday this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Love the layout :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card!! Love that sweet image and you did a great job coloring it! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Us Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can never start too early and this is a fab start. Thanks for playing along at Winter Wonderland. Hope to see you back on Friday and every Friday after that. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card! Such a cute image and wonderful details. I so agree with you that there's not enough time to get Christmas cards done lol I say every year that I'm going to start earlier, and never accomplish that goal. hopefully this year I'll succeed somehow and the best of luck to you! You're off to a great start!!

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy and hope to see you joining us again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a adorable card, the image is fab! I had said that for the xmas just passsed that i would hand make every card i give out. I started off really well in August but i kept putting them off to do other projects so in the end only family and close friends got handmade and everyone else got a bought one. I was mad at myself so this year will be different!! Well i am saying that for now..lol!!

    Thanks for joining us over at Craft Us crazy for our winter challenge!

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable Christmas card, love the image and the design. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet. What a great image. If you're anything like me I NEVER get sick of Christmas. I enjoy making a card now and then throughout the year. I really like the lace doily and the crystals in the corners. Great card. Thanks for joining us at PTT. Hope to see you again soon.
    ~Renee
    Party Time Tuesdays DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute!! Thanks for partying with us this week at Party Time Tuesdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I make that promise every year - and have yet to keep it!!! Good for you on getting started already :) This is a sweet card - Thanks for joining in with our 'Bling it On' challenge this week over at Top Tip Tuesday :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Great card. Thanks for laying with us at Craft Us Crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)