Friday, February 18, 2011

Baby boy

 Yay, Friday! :D Do you have any plans for the weekend? I'm planning to relax and do a lot of crafting. Sounds like a good plan,doesn't it? ;) I want to make a necklace for my friend and also some cards. Yesterday I got a huge box of goodies in the mail and I want to start using them! :P

I got a request to do a card for a baby boy. I wasn't really sure how to deal with this because my last attempt on doing an unisex baby card turned out very girly. But I gave it a go. At Sketch Saturday they have a wonderful sketch this week and it was perfect for this card. This time I chose blue colour which I combined with yellow. Such a lovely combination, don't you think so? Yellow paper is from Provo Craft and the blue one is from Sizzix' Little sizzles (watercolors - I love this pad!). Beads and ribbon are from my stash. I used Spellbinders' Nesties (circles and scalloped ovals) and Marianne design's (swirl) to do die cuts. The sentiment ("iskrene čestitke") is in Slovenian and it means "sincere congratulations". I used foam pads to add the sentiment to the card so it stands out a bit. The stamp is called "Stork and baby" and it's from Kars.



I'd like to add this card to the following challenge:
Sketch Saturday: Sketch

4 comments:

  1. Aww what a cute card! Love the image. Baby card are always the best to make! Thanks for joining in the fun this week at Sketch Saturday. hugs Jillix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie how are you? Your card is gorgeous hun I love the colours you have used & the image is adorable. Enjoy your crafty weekend I'm hoping to have the same lol. Take care hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card. Cute image. love your use of pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Cebelica - lovin' the colours and layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)