Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Birthday card in pink and brown

It is getting colder again and today it was also snowing for some time. Luckily the snow didn't stay, but still. I miss spring. We had some nice spring alike days in February and it was wonderful. I want them back! *sigh* Since it was so cold outsied I decided to rather spend my day inside and do some crafting. Everything has its bright side, doesn't it? Even the badweather. ;)

I was asked to make a birthday card for a lady who is turning 50. I wasn't sure whether she would like the cute image, so I decided to rather create something a bit different.


I decided to make a card in one of my favourite colour combination - pink and brown. As you can see I did a lot of stamping and distressing.The pink paper I used in the background is from Peovo craft. I stamped over it with Stampabilities' Faded text backround stamp. For stamping I used Tim Holtz's Brushed corduroy distress ink. With this same ink I also distressed the edges of the pink paper and colored the doily lace (originally was white). The circle I used for the center of mycard was originally plain white paper, which I colored with Tim Holtz's Spun sugar distress ink. I distressed around the circle with Tim Holtz's  Weathered wood distress ink. Once my circle wascolored and distressed, I stamped two flowers on one side. For thisI used Inkido's flower stamp. After that I masked the flowers and stamped over the whole circle with Stampabilities' Faded text background stamp again. I really like how this turned out. Butterflies are stampedas well. I used Inkadinkado's Fluid motion stamp to get them. I stamped them on the white paper and colored them with Promarkers. I cut them out and just glued them to the card. As simple as that. :D Flowers are Prima and brads are Making memories. Ribbon and lace are from my stash.

Any comments or suggestions?

Wishing you all a wonderful day/evening!

I'd like to add this card to the following challenge:
Frosted designs: Use metal (I used brads)
CES challenges: Flowers and flutteby's

11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Cebelica, so elegant. Love how you did the centre piece with the distressing and flowers on one side. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card. Thank you for linking for my celebration blog candy. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is beautiful! Really pretty :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a wonderful card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the touch of lace on it! Thanks for taking on our metal challenge this week at frosted designs!
    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweetie this is soooo beautiful I think this is now my fave card & I love these colours pink & brown are my fave colours on a card. It really is fabulous.
    You could enter it into CES Challenges as well hun as theirs is flowers & butterflies. The girls would love this.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Cebelica. The colours are so pretty & I love the added butterflies. Thanks for taking part in this weeks CES Challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a beautiful card, so elegant and striking. I love the lace details and the colours are beautiful...hugs Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so beautiful cebelica. love the nature theme and the flowers and butterflies. absolutly wonderful card. ps. craft us cracy has a challange going on and the theme is nature. Its perfect for the challange.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, hun! Truly love all the detail you have added!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, I'm totally in love with this card Maja. Pink and brown is one of my favourite colour combos too, (along with light blue and brown.) Love the butterflies and flowers, the centre circle and ribbon and that lace sets it all off perfectly. I really love the distressing too. Beautiful job girl. xxx L

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)