Friday, March 4, 2011

A bookmark

Hello everybody! How are you? I'm really looking forward to the weekend, because I know there will be some yummy foodies on Sunday. It's carnival time here (Mardi Gras), that's why. :) I'm not planning to dress up or anything like that, but I do intend to eat some yummy "doughnuts" and all the other goodies. A diet will be forgotten for a couple of days. O:-) Plus, it's supposed to be sunny the whole weekend, that's another bonus. I'm really sick of all those boring gray days. Do you have any plans for the weekend too?

Today I don't have any card to show you. But I have something else - a bookmark. My very first corner bookmark. It's really easy to make (until now I've only just been admiring them and thought they must be very complicated to make - I couldn't be more wrong!) and so much fun to do. Mine is all girly looking - lots of pink, butterflies, flower, ribbon, lace, bling bling thingie ... Just the way I like it (I used my favourite things on this creation :P)!


I used a white cardstock for this bookmark. I colored the cardstock with Tim Holtz's Spun sugar distress ink, distressed the edges with Brushed corduroy distress ink and stamped over with Stampabilities Faded text background stamp. Flowe is from Prima, the big butterfly is a stamp from Inkadinkado's Fluid motion set and the small butterfly is Folia's stamp. Swirl was made with Marianne design die and the tag was made with Spellbinders shapeabilities (Fancy tags set). I colored the tag with Tim Holtz's Weathered wood distress ink and distressed it with Brushed corduoy distress ink. Rhinestone, lace and ribbons are from my stash. Butterflies are colored with Promarkers (Oatmeal, Rose pink and Blossom). It's hard to see on the picture, but I used Diamond stickles on the swirl, flower and butterflies.


I'd like to add this bookmark to the following challenges:
Cupcake craft challenges: Anything but square
Top tip Tuesday: Favourites
Passion for Promarkers: Sugar rush
Flutter by wednesday: Anything goes (but must have butterflies, fairy or angel on it)
Tellen's place: Embellishments
Wild orchid challenge: Anything goes
Craft us crazy: Nature
Bling it on: Anything goes
Papertake weekly: Anything goes

32 comments:

  1. wow what a lovely creation, i think i will never read and only whatch the bookmark!

    And yeah i really like this weekend, we are going to the carnival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful, Cebelica! I love all the embellishments! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! This is gorgeous! I reeeeaaaallllly want to make one :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Cebelica, this is stunning, love those butterflies.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Wow, this bookmark is so striking! I love the corregated paper. What a great touch! Love this project. Thanks so much for joining us at the Tellen's Place Embellishment challenge. Good luck and I hope to see you again!!
    Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bookmark! I love making these and yours is stunning! Love the detail!

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy and hope to see you joining us again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow beautiful bookmark!
    So inspirational.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cebelica. This is beautiful. Love the butterflies and that gorgeous flower too. Thank you for joining us at Tellens Place and good luck.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so stunning, i love the shabby chic feel to it. I must find out how to make it! Thank you for joining our very first challenge at Bling It On.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cebelica, what a gorgeously girly bookmark. I love the beautiful butterflies and your colouring is fab. Great choice of papers and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cebelica, what a very stylish bookmark. I love the shape and beautiful colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful bookmark. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  13. stunning bookmark cebelica.i love the beautiful butterflies and pretty colours.thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi sweetie this is truly beautiful I love the design of it its just so pretty & the butterflies look fab. Hope you have a fab time at the carnival hunni.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a lovely bookmark Cebelica. I love the embellies you've added! Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place this week for our "Embellishments" challenge! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the bookmark. The butterflies and other embellishments are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Tellens Place.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fab bookmark Cebelica, thanks for joining us at PfP this week!

    Hugs Ida

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your bookmark thanks for playing at Tellens Place
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh, this is the best corner bookmark I have seen. Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful bookmark. Love all the details. Thanks for joining us at PfP.
    Hugs :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so pretty! Those little butterflies are darling.
    Thanks for joining us at the Bling it On challenge,
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your bookmark! And the coloured butterflies are really cute

    Thanks for joining our challenge at PFP:=)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful creation Maja. I'm crazy about the shabby chic look and this is perfect! Great job my friend. xxx L

    ReplyDelete
  24. A lovely bookmark using great embellishments. A lot of love going into this is evident. Thankyou for sharing this with us at Tellen's Place this week and hope to see you back next time

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! This is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank You for joining in with our Sugar Rush challenge at Passion for Promarkers with your lovely design x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your beautiful bookmark caught my I!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with our Embellish chalenge at Tellen's Place, and good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a stunning bookmark. Thanks for joining us at bling it on.
    Shell :-0)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a clever idea and it's such a beautiful piece of art, simply love it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is just fantastic!!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Paper Issues!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)