Sunday, March 27, 2011

Another birthday card

Can you believe it's Sunday already? Where did the weekend go?! Do you also have the feeling that time flies by incredibly fast when you're having fun and are enjoying yourself?

Over the night from Saturday to Sunday we moved our clocks forward. I've never been to keen of this, I kinda have the feeling I was "robbed" of one hour of sleep. I never complain when we move our clock backwards in autumn though. That change I like. :P Surprisingly I didn't feel to tired during the day today. And I actually managed to do some crafting. :D


Yeah, yeah, another birthday card.But this time I went for "not-so-cute" look. I have had thiscake stamp from Folia for a while, but have only used it once til now. My grandma's birthday is coming up soon so I think I might give this card to her. She always make me promise that I won't buy anything for her birthday, but she never says anything about making her something. ;) I already have a card, now I need to put my thinking cap on and figure out the rest. If you have any ideas, please don't hesitate to share them with me. :)

I used Provo craft and K&Company papers for this projects, some pearls and ribbon from my stash. The image is colored with Promarkers and Faber Castell and Jolly pencils.

I'd like to enter this card to the following challenges:
My time made easy: Sketch
Bizzy Becs store: Colour inspiration

10 comments:

  1. Yes me too have the hour change.. love this card and the distressing.. been some time since I did this :) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on that sketch Cebelica! And those colours are yum!! I love the distressing too! Overall - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cebelica, love this gorgeous card. Fab image and yummy papers. Great distressed edges and beautiful ribbon. What about making your Gran a birthday cake?

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Love it! Love the color scheme! Love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful birthday card.. I love all the distressing and great take on the sketch :)..Thanks for playing along with us at MTME Pretty Patterns :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I can see you've been busy lately, so many new cards! Great color combo for this one, and the distressed edges are as you know right up my street (thought you didn't do shabby chic though :-)).

    I couldn't agree more about making cards for males...it's a struggle for me every time and I find them boring as I try to avoid using flowers and then they look so plain and I have no idea what to decorate them with...

    Loved reading about how you celebrated Mother's Day; that was all very sweet and probably a lot more appreciated than any gift would have been.

    Have a nice week,
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Gorgeous colours and I love the distressing! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!
    You really have spring there with those gorgeous flowers to pick!
    We have here a meter of snow on everything!!!
    Thanks for taking part in my aprillia candy, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card! You've done a super job on the distressing & I really like your papers, layout & image.
    Thanks for joining us at Bizzy Bec's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)