Saturday, March 26, 2011

Enjoying the sunny days

As I have already told you, we had a very nice warm sunny day yesterday. And it was also a Mother's day. So instead of going to the store and buying my mum something, I decided to rather do something nice for her. I gave her a card that I made a short while ago especially for this occasion, I baked an apple pie and I went to the forest near by to pick some spring snowflakes. I think these are really pretty and there are so many at one place. See for yourself ...




Aren't they pretty? I went to the forest with a friend of mine (Jasmina) and we both picked a bouquet of those. Jasmina had a cell phone with her and took these photos. But she kindly gave me permission to put them on my blog. :) Along with a card of course. ;)


Here's another boy card that I made. I still have the feeling there's something missing though. I always want to add tons of embellishments on my cards. But on cards for boys that's not really an option. *sigh* I have to admit it's not among my favourite cards, but I don't think it's SO bad either. I admit - I am really not good at making boy cards. But I'm trying. Hopefully with time I'll get better. My boyfriend really dislikes this card - he says it's boring. And he's a boy. Ooops! I still have lots to learn. *blush*

The image is from Sugarplums and it's called Balloon Trevor. I colored it with Faber castell pencils, Promarkers and distress inks. I also inked the edges a bit. I didn't use any DP for this card. Just some plain papers from mystash and the "patterned" paper you see was made by me - I stamped on a white piece of paper using my Inkadinkado's Fluid motion stamps and then went over whole piece of paper with my distress inks (shabby shutters and brushed corduroy). On the banner I put some red confetti from my stash and in the bottom of the page I glued some ribbon from my stash.

There are a couple of challenges in which I'd like to enter this card:
One stitch at a time: Something for the boys
Crafty cardmakers spotlight: Make your own paper
Charisma cardz: Birthday for a teen
Really reasonable ribbon: One for the boys

15 comments:

  1. Great photos - so pretty!!!

    I love your card - the colours are brill and the banner is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect boys card! We have tulips growing in our basement and snow on the ground, LOL!!! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet card, thanks for playing along with Charisma this week
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! I bet your Mom was very happy:o) I love your card to, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think your card is fab - definitely not boring! I particularly like the bunting :-) And those flowers you picked for your mom are so pretty :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi this is lovely Cebelica, fantastic male card, love the stamp and those flowers are beautiful... I'm sure your mother preferred these than shop bought stuff. Thank you also for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cebelica,
    Great card...Perfect male card I think...Your pictures are beautiful I love snowdrops and I'm sure your Mum loved her gifts....
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing better that gifts made from the heart, I am sure your mom will love her card and those pretty flowers! The Trevor card looks perfect, the buttons add the perfect touch!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos and I love the little boy card.. very lovely work.. Hugs,Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super kartica in tudi slikice so zelo dobro uspele. So še boljše na računalniku kot na mobiju-se res vidi kako veliko kronic je. Super post. Hvala da si objavila slikice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is adorable! You have an eye for design and your coloring is so beautiful!
    I have a blog candy running these days if you happen to come by!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it is darling!! Love this image. One of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking good. Like the background. Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Cardmakers spotlight. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card for a teen, love that bunting.
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma.
    Sally. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)