Monday, March 7, 2011

Feeling spring

Hello there! I hope your week started off well. Mine did. :) I woke up in a nice sunny day, managed to do some crafting and also got to the store to do some shopping. :)

For today's card I used just bright colours. Spring is finally coming to town so it seemed like a good choice. After all, sooner or later I expect to see such colours all around me too. ;)


I'm sorry because the picture isn't the best. It looked ok in the camera and I didn't check it in my computer til evening when it was already too late to take another one - at least too late to take a good one. *sigh* I'll try to do a better job next time.

The lovely girl with a flower is a stamp from Ladybug and friends. I colored her with Faber Castell pencils, Jolly pencils and Promarkers. The swirl was made with Marianne Design die. I made the flower myself - I wanted to try something new. ;) For butterflies I simply used punch. I used vellum for butterflies, but now I'm thinking I should use something else so that they would stand out a bit more. Hmmmm ... Lesson for the next time. The green paper I used for background is from Provo Craft and the other green paper (the one I used to "frame" the image) is from Sizzix' Little sizzles (Watercolors). And so is the checked paper.

I would like to enter this card to the following challenges:
Hanna and friends: Sketch
Paper romance: Vellum (I used vellum for butterflies)
Stampin' for the weekend: Springtime
Sir stampalot: Spring is in the air (use green, yellow and blossom pink)

19 comments:

  1. You did a lovely job on this card. Good luck with your challenges... Fabulous job. Thanks for sharing.
    hugs,jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous, hun! Love the sweet image :o)
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. O wow this is gorgeous, love the colours, so pretty and springy feel :) Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh a wonderful spring card. so funny :-) thanks for joining Hanna & Friends. LG Renate

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty hun! Cute image and super colours, love your flower. I think the vellum butterflies are fab, the delicate nature of vellum is perfect for their gossamer wings. I too hope to see Spring soon, we have ice again this morning! Hugs, Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card with all the pretty Spring colours.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and hope to see you again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card. I love the colours.

    Thank you for joining this weeks Hanna and Friends Challenge.
    Hugs,
    vanni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful colours. Love the layout :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! Love the colors :)

    Thanks for joining Paper Romance this week!

    Hugs,
    Sandra P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow your card is amazing!

    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Hanna & Friends Challenge.

    Hugs,
    swantje

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely card and nice how the flower of the stamp is also on the front of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this really says spring to me its fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us in the Sir Sir Stampalot Challenge, hugs Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet card, love your layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fresh and sweet - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet!!!!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Hanna and Friends.


    Xoxo,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  16. pretty card,

    Thanks for joining us At Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahahah lovely card :) you managed to even use less vellum then me on my dt card hahahaha thanks for playing the Vellum challenge at Paper Romance this week.
    hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
  18. A cute and pretty creation. Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A wonderful spring creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)