Friday, April 1, 2011

Pink and brown

Yeah, yeah, I know. I used this colour combination again. But I really love these two colours together. Well, I like brown with pretty much every colour, but especially with pink or blue or yellow. It's surprising that only a couple of years ago I acutally didn't like brown at all. Now it's one of my favourite colours. Before I really liked gray, but now ... Not so much. Isn't it strange how our taste changes over the years?

So, since it's "Fool's day" today let me ask you ... Has somebody fooled you or/and did you fool anybody? I was prepared, but luckily no one even tried to fool me. I didn't fool anybody either.

For this card I followed the great sketch at My time made easy blog. Have a peek and take a part in the weekly challenge. :)

Here's the sketch ...


And here's my card ...


I found this lovely pinkand brown paper in my stash (I'm sorry, but I have no idea from what company it is) and I thought it was perfect for this card. I used pink ribbon to make a flower. The butterfly is a new rubber stamp which I got just a couple of days ago. Of course I couldn't wait to ink it. He he. It's from Rubber stampede. I also used a wonderful sentiment stamp from Cloud 9 designs (Simple thoughts-Memories pack). I actually stamped on a white cardstock, but then I colored it with Tim Holtz's Brushed corduroy distress ink. I also used some pearls from my stash. The die is of course from Spellbinders. I just love their stuff.

I'd like to add this card to the Pink and brown challenge at Everybody-Art-Challenge.

I wish you a nice evening and I hope you'll have a great weekend! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cebelica, this is very pretty. Gorgeous sentiment and I love these cute little butterflies you create.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - gorgeous colours! The butterfly is so pretty :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card girl! Love what you've done with the sketch! Welcome to the design team!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)