Monday, April 25, 2011

Potica

Hi everybody! Today I don't have any card or jewelry piece to show you. No, not any other project either. Today I want to tell you about "potica". That dessert I mentioned in my previous post. Some of you asked me about it, so here are some information ... English name for "potica" is nut roll - according to Wikipedia (see the article here).

"Potica" is traditional Slovenian dessert, even though nowadays it's known around the world as well. Traditional "potica" was filled with walnuts, but now there are many different types - coconut "potica", mint "potica" ... I like most of them. ;) People usually bake "potica" around Easter and Christmas (thought that's not a "rule").
I did some digging online and found the recipe for "potica" in English, in case anybody is interested. Just click here to see the recipe and the picture of "potica". You can see that in the recipe it says you also add some cinnamon in the filling, but youdon't have to do this.

If you have any more questions just let me know. :)

5 comments:

  1. Ooh! Cebelia what a very impressive dessert, looks and sounds absolutely delicous. Yum Yum!

    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx for sharing htis Cebelica - sounds yum, yum, yum! My hubby is allergic to all things nuts and even coconut! I'm sure I can find someone to share it with me though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI, it sounds yummy. I want to make this dessert for school as My son is talking about Slovenia nxt week 16 Aug. What size is the baking tin? Will be sure to let u know how this turns out. Blessings from South Africa. gerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, i've been searching for this recipe. My son's teachback is on Slovenia. We would like to give his class something Slovenian. Did u try this our yrself, if so what size is the baking pan. want to get it rite the 1st time. Blessings from South Africa, gerry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gerry! I can't contact you any other way, that's why I'm replying here - I hope you'll see this. I haven't tried this recipe myself. My grandma is the one who makes "potica" and it always turns out yummy (but I don't know if she's making it by this recipe). I will ask her about it and for the baking pan dimensions. Please let me know your e-mail so I can reply you there. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)