Thursday, October 23, 2014

Happy holidays

Hey, hey! :) It's my day off today. And tomorrow. And I don't have to go to work the next week either. Woohoo! :D I'm having sooooo many plans about what I'll be doing on my days off ... Right now I'm counting the days til Saturday. Why? Because on Saturday I'm taking a class with Anna Dabrowska (aka Finnabair). I'm SOOOO excited!!! I LOVE her work!!! I want to do some mixed media projects so when I heard that Anna is coming to this little country I had to book my seat at the class immediately. I'm sure I will learn tons of new things.

Other than that me and my sweetie are hosting a Halloween party this year (again). Nothing big, we're just having a couple of our friends over for dinner, chat ... Last year was fun so I hope this year it'll be fun as well. I still need to find some Halloween food ideas - will probably do some "googling" over the weekend.

By the way, have you visited the Crafty ribbons challenge blog today? Not yet? What are you waiting for then? ;) A new challenge just started and we would love to see many of you participate so come on, hop to the blog and link your creation. But make sure it either has a tag on it or that your creations is a tag, because that is the theme of our challenge - tags. And make sure you use some ribbon somewhere on your creation as well.

I don't make tags often, so this was quite a challenge for me, but I'm pretty happy with the result.


Some time ago I got a few decorative rectangle die cuts and I used one of those as a base for my tag. I've decided to make my tag in gold and white colour combination. I didn't use any design papers, but I did use a music notes stamps that I used to decorate the piece of cardstock which I used for the background. On the edges I also used some golden glitter glue. I was inspired to make my own paper by my sweet and super talented friend Pamellia. She always makes her own papers and they look amazing!!! Mine doesn't come even close, but hey, it's a start. :P

I used a lot of different die cuts on my card. They are from LLLC, Tim Holtz, Spellbinders, Memory box and Xyron. I embossed the golden circle behind the star with Anna Griffin's embossing folder. The star was cut from a white cardstock and then I used some golden glitters on the points (I did the same on the petals of poinsettia).


In the center of the star I glued a sentiment "Happy holidays". This is a clear stamp from Hobby Lobby. I embossed the stamped image with Ranger's embossing ink and then cut it out with my scissors. I raised the sentiment on foam pads to give the tag some dimension. Behind the flower I also used some beaded strings and at the end I randomly glued some sequins on the tag. I also used some white sheer satin ribbon from Crafty ribbons on which I sewed some square sequins I had in my stash.


I hope you were inspired to make a tag and that once it's done you will also upload it to our challenge at Crafty ribbons blog. We'd love to see what you made! :)

Hugs! xx

I would like to enter my tag to the following challenges:
Divas by design: Festive florals/Christmas flowers
Word art Wednesday: Anything goes
Simon says (Monday challenge): Anything goes
Through the craftroom door: Anything goes
Inky chicks: Christmas
Simon says blog: Show us what you made
Allsorts: Embossing
Country view challenges: Sparkle and shine
Aud sentiments: 2 or 3 word sentiment

20 comments:

  1. Pravljična
    s toliko lepimi dodatki
    pozdravček Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag Cebelica such a lush design, awesome.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zanimiv tagec, z en kup dodatki ki ga naredijo zelo bogatega in kar je najpomembnejše - orngi diši po praznikih in snegu :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, WOW, WOW! I am just never disappointed when I come to visit you! This is elegance at it's finest! Move over Paris Hilton because there's a new tag in town! Honestly Maya, I love every bit of it...ESPECIALLY you're very own home-made background panel! I'm so glad that I can inspire you, because you sure do inspire me! I love all the added glitter and sequins and those bead sprays are so wonderful! Another project that needs to be framed and mounted! extra big crafty hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bleščice na trakcu so prava pičica na I. Pa še s šivanjem si se potrudila. Sicer pa je v celoti krasen.

    LP, Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning tag Cebelica, love all the scrummy details.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Cebelica, for sharing your project & creativity with us at Aud Sentiments! OMGosh! I am so impressed with the layers you have created in on this tag! I have enlarged it to HUGE so I can look at all the details of your design - and it is so much fun to explore! Nicely done!
    ~ginny,
    DT for Aud Sentiments: [#118 – Use a 2 or 3 Word Sentiment]
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous project, Cebelica. The gold accents are stunning. Thanks so much for stopping by to share your art with us. We're SO grateful to have you play along and hope that you will join us again soon.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your gorgeous tag.Thanks for sharing with us at Country View.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. uau čudovit in bogato obložen tagec! lp

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't put into words how lovely and elegant this tag is. The vellum with the gold music score and the die cut gold piece are so rich. Each layer is full of elegance and richness. Thank you for posting your beautiful art with us this week during our 155th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I’m praying for sweet sunshiny days and I’m sending happy hugs to all. Carole, Encouragement Coordinator
    PS I joined your site and hope you will pop ove to join me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous tag Cebelica. Layer upon layer of die cuts and embossed background, it is just amazing. The sheer ribbon with sequins is brilliant!
    Have a great week off and happy crafting!
    Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Cebelica! Oh this is GORGEOUS! I'm loving on all those die cuts and these colors are so rich and festive .. whew! Absolutely STUNNING!

    Wishing you a beautiful weekend!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  14. For someone who says she doesn't make tags often, I'd say you nailed this! I adore all the layers you created and I enjoyed looking at all the incredible details you included. I love how the bits of gold are woven throughout the whole tag and the whole look ties together beautifully. You did an amazing job and I'm so glad you shared it with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous design, I adore it xx Thank you for joining us over at http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (Divas by Design DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Followed Pamellia's link to see your work - it's all beautiful! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Cebelica you make gorgeous gorgeous projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)