Saturday, October 4, 2014

Happy and bright

Hello everybody! Happy card making day! :) I hope you managed to do some crafting today.

I did some baking in the morning (yum, yum), then went to my parents for lunch and in the afternoon I finished a card I started working on yesterday. But I won't show you that one today. Today I have another card to show you ...

A while back a friend of mine asked me to make a card for her friend's birthday. Since this card was for an older lady I didn't want to go all cute, but I went for a feminine look with pastel colours. I had those gorgeous papers in my stash and I thought they would be perfect for what I had in mind.


Of course there had to be lots of flowers and butterflies included. And lace and pearls and glitter. Those are a few of my favourite things. ;) The crochet flower was a gift from one of my crafty friends and the big yellow flower I put on top of it is from K&Company. All the other flowers are from my stash. And so are the doily, pearls, ribbon and lace.I used Whimsy die for the corners and decorative border was done with my punch.


Butterflies were stamped on a piece of white cardstock and coloured with Promarkers and Faber Castell pencils. After they were coloured I covered them with glitter glue. Embossing was done with Cottage floral embossing folder from Craft concepts.

I was told that the lady this card was for loved it, which is great! :)

Have a wonderful day! xx

I would like to enter my card to the following challenges:
The paper shelter: Pearls
The crafter's cafe: Use punches and/or die cuts (I used border punch)
C.R.A.F.T challenge: Embossing
Crafty calendar: Bingo (flowers, pearls, embossing)
Creative inspirations: Lovely lace
Cute card Thursday: Spots and dots
My craft creations: Anything goes
ABC challenges: U is for unique (Anything goes)
Crafting from the heart: Anything goes

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, lovely dimension and perfect for an older lady I think. Hope you're having a lovely weekend! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely creation, thank you for joining us this week at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!
    We would love you to also check out our DT call and apply if you feel this is something for you as we are looking for some talented and friendly crafter to join our DT Team.

    Jo and the CRAFT Team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Cebelica! The colours are beautiful and love the butterflies against the white embossing. So pretty. I bet the lady loved it!
    Thanks for joining is with us at Crafty Calendar this month for our Bingo Challenge!
    Hugs
    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waw kako bogato okrašena in metulji so prečudoviti! Hvala, ker sodeluješ na izzivu ABC. lp

    ReplyDelete
  5. a gorgeous card. thank you for sharing your card with us at c.r.a.f.t. Challenge this week. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!
    Thanks for entering our C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week!
    Monica - DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card and pretty papers. I love all the beautiful embossing and the details you have added. Thank you for joining us at ABC CHALLENGE. Good luck and please join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Res čudovita voščilnica z vsemi rožicami in metulji :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. so gorgeous cebelica.i love your mix of papers and colours and the butterflies are so pretty :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, how did I miss this stunning creation!! Wow Maja, this is just gorgeous! What an amazing soft, feminine card with wonderful summery colours and big beautiful blossoms! The butterflies are so elegant and that embossed panel is the perfect backdrop!! She will just love it!! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this gorgeous card and those pretty pastel colours! Your butterflies and flowers look so beautiful.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely looking card. Lovely design and colours. Thanks for playing with us over at The Paper Shetler this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous creation hun :) I love the colour scheme! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cebelica, this card would bring a smile to anyone! So lovely and full of cheerful colors. Flowers and butterflies are gorgeous!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ko bom takole pobarvala metuljčke, bom velika. Prekrasno.
    LP, Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  16. The color scheme of this card is simply fabulous Cebelica. In fact, it looks so yummy and delightful and makes me want to dance with the butterflies.
    Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)