Thursday, May 16, 2013

No design paper - again

Good morning! How are you doing? Has the week been good for you so far? I hope it has. I've been getting through some stressfull time at work, but I think tomorrow things will calm down. At least I really hope they will!

I have only done a little bit of crafting over the last couple of days. Hopefully over the weekend I will have more time for that and I will catch up with commenting etc.

But even with the lack of my free time, I managed to create a card for the midway reminder of our current challenge at Crafty ribbons challenge blog. The theme is "no design paper" and you still have one week to enter your creations. Who knows, you might even get lucky and win a fabby ribbon prize. ;)

This time I created a more girly card. Here's the picture.


As you can see I did a lot of embossing on this card - I used Cuttlebug's swiss dots embossing folder and Craft concepts' cottage floral embossing folder. I also used several different dies. The scalloped oval is a Spellbinders' die, the butterflies are Cheery Lynn die and the flower is a Tim Holtz die. I created the border with my new craft punch. I cut the scalloped oval from the white cardstock and then stamped over it with Stampabilities' faded text background stamp. Then I inked the edges with TH weathered wood distress ink. I covered the whole flower with glitter glue and then added the big crystal for the center. I used 2 different ribbons from Crafty ribbons on my card: 15 mm polka dot - lemon ribbon (back) and pink ribbon stately - you can find this one in a bargain basket or you might also get it in a jam pots.

I would like to enter my card to the following challenges:
CropStop: Use embossing folder (NSD challenge)
Crafty bloggers network: O's and X's challenge (die cut or punch, flowers, ribbon)
One crazy stamper: Flowers
Tuesday throwdown: Smell the roses
Simon says: Flower power

Well, that's all from me today. Have a great day! xx

17 comments:

  1. Waw kakšna lepotička, res lepo okrašena. upam, da se ti zadeve v službi umirijo. lp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cebelica this is gorgeous love the colours and card design, that flower is a beauty, super card
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zelo je lepa in krasno sestavljena :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card love the embossing and design-thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card cebelica.gorgeous design and I love your lemon and pink colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful card, Cebelica! Love your details and embossing. Thanks for joining our CropStop NSD Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow cebelica, So beautiful is your card so inspiring and so creative and beautifully presented just love all of the gorgeous elements you have used xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous hun....:o)

    biggest of hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Cebelica. It would be a good challenge not to use any DP. You have created a wonderful background using embossing.
    Have a relaxing weekend and happy crafting.
    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. So girly and pretty - I love this honey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh that would be a tough challenge for me. you card looks fab !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card. Love the soft colors. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all your embossing!! Wonderful result!!
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!!
    Sally TT-DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, love your shimmery flower.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great card. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this card, and love that you havn't used any design papers. The text stamping is one of my favourite techniques and is sooo effective with the embossing.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Bloggers network this month
    Claire x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)