Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mini pizza box

Good morning! I'm so happy today! Yesterday we found out that the bid on the apartment was accepted so now we just need to go to the bank and get all the papers etc. ready. I'm really excited! :D

Today I'd like to show you a mini pizza box that I made. I first saw these boxes on Rosie's blog and fell in love with them. I just knew I will have to make some myself too. They are just perfect for all those small embellishments and/or for doilies ... And they are super easy and super fast to make too. I'm hooked on them and I blame Rosie for this. *whistling innocently* ;) You can check the tutorial here. I don't have a scoring board and my cutting mat only comes in centimeters, so I adjusted the measurements a bit - I made my box 10 x 10 cm. My doilies fit inside perfectly, so I'm really happy. :D

Here's how my box looks like ...



I made the box out of a grey cardstock and then covered it with leftover scraps of papers from my stash. As the main image I used the adorable Yumi from Yumi and Fumi handmade. Isn't she cute?! I colored her with Promarkers and added some glitter glue on the heart on Yumi's sweater. On Yumi's cheeks I also added some blush with TH spun sugar distress ink.I raised Yumi on foam pads to give the box some dimension. I decorated the right side of the box with half of the doily over which I layered stately pink ribbon from Crafty ribbons. On the ribbon I glued some yellow flowers that I made with TH Tattered florals die. For the center I used pearls from my stash. The small flowers on the left side of the box are made with my craft punch. I kept the side on the box pretty simple. I just layered some pink, blue and white cardstock, which I embossed with Craft concepts' cottage floral embossing folder.

I'd like to enter my box to the following challenges:
Yumi and Fumi handmade: Anything but a card
The paper nest dolls: Pearls, pearls, pearls
Simon says: Flower power
Delightful challenges: Bingo (add dimension, ribbon/lace, glitter/sparkle)
The squirrel and the fox: Here come the girls
One stop craft: Anything goes
Creative inspirations: Inspired by: Anything goes
Challenges for everybody: Anything goes
Top tip Tuesday: Box clever

Enjoy your day!
Hugs! xx

22 comments:

  1. WHAT A WONDERFUL CARD, LOVE THE COLOURS. SIMPLY GORGEOUS.
    HUGS
    CHRIS XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous :) A lovely design and pretty colours. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty little box Cebelica.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the apartment , so pleased for you,

    Your little box is lovely.and beautifully decorated
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous little box hun, love this! And big congratulations on the apartment, that is wonderful news. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Veliko sreče pri urejanju birokracije-
    škatljica je čudovita
    Lp Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waw kako je luštna tale tvoja punčka. Pa še enkrat čestitke za stanovanje, sedaj pa veselo na delo na selitev, a ne :) Se še spomnim kako sem sama zadeve prenašala gor in dol :) srečno. lp

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice project; the girl is adorable!Thank you so much for joining us in our PND Pearls, Pearls, Pearls Challenge this month! ~Valerie DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute little box.
    Congrats on your new apartment - hope it all goes well.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the apartment Cebelica. Love this wee pizza box, it is beautifully decorated with embossing. That half doily really adds a delicate touch.
    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats and oh wow Cebelica this is just so cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. adorable! such a great box! thanks for joining yumi and fumi handmade's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww that Rosie she's such and enabler yea? hahaha!! Wonderful, wonderful project! Love the colors and the layout is fabulous. The use of the embossing folder gives the sides that awesome dimension. Awesome job! Thanks for joining us again at Y&FH!
    :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic creation, love the colours & papers you have used!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous box cebelica.i love the sweet fun image and your colours are really pretty :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really Cute box, Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fab box, Cebelica! Love the sweet flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. An adorable box. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super adorable creation, love the pearls.... TFS with us at The PND challenge.... xo Nikki ox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vau, krasna škarlica; lepo si jo sestavila!
    Hvala, ker sodeluješ na izzivu OneStopCraftChallenge :-))

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cute project! I had never seen one of these, so thank you for sharing the tutorial! You finished yours beautifully. And thanks so much for joining us this week at CI Paints!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)