Thursday, May 2, 2013

Flowers and butterflies

Good morning! How did you spend your May 1? Did you have a nice time? Do you have any special tradition on this day? 

Today I slept much longer than usually. I was at my parents place yesterday (it's sort of a tradition that we have picnic there on May 1) and didn't come home til late evening. It was fun. There was lots of yummy food and we also played some games, Activity being one of them. If you don't know this board game you should definitely check it out, we always laugh real hard when we are playing it. :D

So, now on to my card. We are half way through with our "anything goes with ribbon" challenge at the Crafty ribbons challenge blog and today I want to show you a card I made for this challenge.


For my card I chose the rose stamp from Viva decor that I've had for a while, but for some reason never used it. *ooops* I colored the image with Faber Castell pencils and then I covered the blossoms with Viva decor gloss gel. For the background I used rose paper from Folia. The small flowers were made with my craft punch, the decorative border with my border punch and the butterflies are made with Cheery Lynn die that I received from my sweet friend Rosie. Love, love, love these dies! Thank you hun! The corner is a Spellbinders die. I raised the image on foam pads and then glued it on the white cardstock which I embossed with Cottage floral embossing folder and inked with TH antique linen distress ink. I used 3 different ribbons  from Crafty ribbons on my card: 25 mm sheer ribbon with satin edge (this one is currently sold out), light blue saddle baby ribbon and butterfly ribbon - fibre orange. Are you wondering where I used the butterfly ribbon? I covered the narrow strips of white cardstock (those that I used for layering) with this ribbon. I really like how this turned out. 

I would like to add my card to the following challenges:
Sketch and stash: Sketch (my neglected stash in my stamp and my new stash are the butterfly dies)
My heart pieces: Add embossing (dry or wet)
Bearly mine: Anything goes
Wags 'n whiskers: May flowers
Stampin' for the weekend: Die cuts and/or punches
Crafts and me: Floral frenzy
Die cuttin' divas: Anything goes
Artistic inspirations: Lots of layers
Fresh brewed designs: Lots of flowers

We have a yummy prize for one lucky participant too. Are you curious what the prize is? Hop over to the challenge blog and you'll find out. ;)

Have a wonderful day! xx

22 comments:

  1. Čudovita voščilnica,
    1.maj preživela v službi,
    lp Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous. Glad you had a good May 1st.
    I posted your gift yesterday, let me know when it arrives OK. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Maja :-) the image is beautiful and all the details are so very pretty :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zelo lepa voščilnica. Ful lepe barve in očitno ti je vzela kar nekaj časa. ;)
    Hvala, da si se nam pridružila na Wags'n Whiskers izzivu. Upam, da se boš tudi naslednjič.
    Lp,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful Cebelica and such lovely sunny colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zelo lepo voščilnico si naredila; krasni dodatki! Hvala ti, ker sodeluješ tudi na izzivu BearlyMineChallenge :-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zelo je lepa. Všeč mi je embosing mapica in pa lepa rumeni vrtnici. lp

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous my friend!!! Those butterflies are my fave! I need to pull mine out and use them!! Have a great weekend my friend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so beautiful cebelica.your roses are stunning and gorgeous design and colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card , great image and colours. thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations with our Lots of Layers challenge hugs Tania xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the blue and peach colors together and those butterflies are darling so cute. Thanks for entering over at The Paper Nest Dolls! ~Kelly Walkelmol

    ReplyDelete
  12. love all the details and layers -thanks for joining us at Artistic inspirations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is so pretty Cebelica. I love the colors you used, so bright and cheerful. Wish you a lovely and restful weekend.
    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card Cebelica. The roses and your colouring are gorgeous and I love those pretty butterfly die cuts.

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really gorgeous Cebelica - love how you did the elements and pretty die cuts too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous! Wow!!!! ~TFS with us at PND!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty with the butterflies.... TFS with us at The Paper Nest Dolls challenge.... xo Nikki ox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabby card, and so much detail. Thank you for sharing with us at BearlyMine Challenges this week. Jackie SDT x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card!! Thanks for participating in our My Heart Pieces challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  20. oops me again hun.
    Thanks for joining in my theme this week at the Crafts and Me challenge :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello,
    your card is adorable.
    thank you for your sweet comment.
    hugs Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really beautiful card♥ Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me Challenge - Floral Fenzy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)