Thursday, May 30, 2013

Earth tones

Hello my dear friends! I hope you've been enjoying your week so far. I had a terrible headache yesterday, but I'm ffeling much better today so I can't complain. Plus, I don't have to go to work tomorrow, so that's even better. He he.

Have you entered our "anything goes with ribbon" challenge at Crafty ribbons challenge blog yet? Not yet? I hope you will! You still have one week to enter your creations in the challenge. Who knows, luck might be on your side this time and it will be you who will win the amazing ribbon prize that Ali and Tony are offering.

The other day I was playing with my leftover pieces of paper and my dies and here's the card I made with them ...


I bought a whole pack of kraft paper a short while ago and couldn't wait to start using it (this is the only thing that wasn't a leftover scrap lol). So I used it for the back of my card and then added a piece of white cardstock, which I embossed with Cuttlebug's embossing folder over it. I inked the edges with TH antique linen distress ink. The yellow cardstock and the green paper are just some leftover scraps of paper that I had in my drawer for a while. I punched the edges on the yellow cardstock with my border punch. The ribbons are from Crafty ribbons - I used the khaki grosgrain ribbon, which is currently out of stock, but there are many other colours available so have a look at the other grosgrain ribbons and the lemon polka dot ribbon. The big flower was made with TH Tattered floral die. Behind the flower I added a piece of white cardstock over which I stamped with Viva decor stamp. For stamping I used TH distress ink. On the side I used gold sequins. The swirls are part of Marianne design flower die and the corner is Spellbinders die. The butterflies are made with my craft punch.

I would like to add my card to the following challenges:
Deep ocean: Ribbons and/or laces
Rhedd and Rosie's challenge blog: Blooming lovely
Ooh La La: Inspired by nature
Sister act: Anything goes
The rubber buggy: Anything goes
Simon says: Anything goes
Oozak: Anything goes with earthtones
Craft-room challenge: Use your scraps

28 comments:

  1. I love the colours and the flower is wonderful.
    Beautiful card.
    Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo še ena luštna! rožica mi je strašno všeč kot tudi barve. lp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me veseli, da si bolje,
    voščilnica pa je čudovita-
    pozdravček Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super lepo voščilnico si naredila; zelo mi je všeč :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very nice! Thanks for sharing at Sister Act Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, thanks for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card wonderful way to use your scraps. thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a fabulous card! I never know what to do with my scraps, I end up sticking them all in a draw. I wish I could make something amazing like this with them.
    Love, Mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous hun...:o)

    biggest of hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of your scraps Cebelica. You did a lovely job with this card and I really like the earth tones with a little blue in it.
    Have a great weekend and happy crafting.
    Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Hun, your card is stunning, i like all the Die's you have used on your creation. The colors are great too.

    have a lovely day, enjoy :)

    Much Love
    Dunja xxx

    P.S. thank you for all your lovely comments

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so beautiful, Cebelica!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very lovely card, full of texture and fantastic colour combinations! I love it! many thanks for entering into the Rhedd and Rosie's challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great colours, and that flower is fab! Thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosies.
    Hugs
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  15. so gorgeous cebelica.really love your flower and your design and colours are stunning ;D


    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What lovely colors! I adore the gorgeous bloom and tiny butterflies! Beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice card!
    Can you please you on my blog ... and if you want please you can become a Member?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your card and all the embellishments! Thanks for joing us for the Oozak Challenge!

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful; a wonderful layout and fantastic way to use up those scraps :)

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just beautiful, your flower is so striking.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous Cebelica, love the earth tone colours, very elegant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is fabulous, you've put your scraps to brilliant use, and the colours are lovely. I still have the beautiful card you made for me, it also has the most gorgeous colours.

    I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, and hope you enjoyed your day off!

    It's lovely to see you over at the Craft Room :-).

    Take care

    Maria xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful card! I love the color combination you used!! I'm so glad you've joined us for this fortnight's challenge at Deep Ocean! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry you had a migraine. Hopefully it was gone for the weekend! Your card is beautiful. I love the gorgeous embossing and stunning flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wowww, this is absolutely STUNNING! I love the layers of paper, and the colors you used too!!!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  26. This card is breathtaking, gorgeous, Cebelica! The colors are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Wonderful job!
    Thank you for playing at The Rubber Buggy:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)