Sunday, August 21, 2011

Yellow and brown

Hey! Phew, what a hot, hot day we have today - again! I do like summer and sun and warm days, but tht's a bit too much. We've been having over 30 degrees Celsius for the last week or so. And it looks like it's gonna stay like this for at least another week.

It was too hot to go out today, so I just stayed in and watched some TV, I finally replied to some e-mails and of course I also did some crafting. :) Here's one of the cards I made today ...


This card was made by request. My co-worker saw a card I made some time ago and asked me if I could make a similar one, just in yellow and brown tones. And this is the result. I used the sweet Flying angel Tilda stamp for the main image. Isn't she just too cute? This is definitely one of my favourite Tilda stamps. I colored the image with Promarkers and yellow Faber Castell color pencil. I used glitters on Tilda's wings. You know, just to add some bling to the card. ;) I just used plain brown and plain yellow papers from my stash. I did embossing with Floral Cottage embossing folder. I inked the edges with Tim Holtz's distress ink. I used a tiny flower punch for the flower and put pearls in the middle. I also used some ribbon from my stash - I love this yummy brown ribbon. :D

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
Crop Stop - Pearls
Papertake Weekly - Bingo (pearls, ribbon, free - glitters)
Challenge up your life - No patterned paper
Paper crafting journey - Anything goes
Bearly mine - Bring on the bling
Creative inspirations - Use your favourite stamp

18 comments:

  1. aww...the card is adorable! I just love the combination of color!
    IF that is of any consolation for you... it is terribly hot down here in Italy too....
    Hugs
    Clelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Two of my favorite colors and they look great together! Thanks for joining our CropStop Pearl Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so gorgeous hun...cute image and fantastic colour combo too..

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest little angel ever

    Thank you so much for joining us at CropStop Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable and the image is so cute:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful angel card! Thanks for joining us at CropStop!

    Kathleen
    Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

    ReplyDelete
  7. A brilliant card hun and a great stamp! Thanks for joining in with our Favourite Stamp Challenge over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card,I love the colour combo and Tilda is so sweet,could you send some of the sun here...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card cebelica.fabulous colour combo and bow and the tilda is really sweet :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exceptionally sweet card! Thank you for joining us at Crop Stop Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Love the colours and the fab distressing :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so sweet!! I love the embossing and distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yowsa, I love this, honey! the inking is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet sweet image. I love the colors you used and the gorgeous brown bow :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a wonderful card! I like the colours you've used! Fabulous :)
    Thanks for joining us at Challenge up your life!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card and I love the color combo!
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely beautiful I adore the colours and simple design the image of Tilda is stunning thank you for joining our challenge at Bearlymine.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a sweet card!! THanks for joining us at PCJ!! Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)