Saturday, October 6, 2018

Happy world cardmaking day

Heya! Did you know it was a World cardmaking day today? I hope you managed to get some free time to go to your craftroom and play with your papers, inks, stamps etc. I did get to play with mine a little and as soon as I write this I plan to go play a little more. Christmas is fast approaching and I still need to make maaaaany more Christmas cards to send to my friends and family members. How are you doing with your Christmas cards? All done yet? Or haven't even started? Or maybe you are half-way through? Well, not matter how far alon are you (or even if you haven't started yet), you still have some time to play with your Christmas supplies. ;)

This is my most recent Christmas card.




Not really typical Christmas colours, rigth? Well, I've had these kraft/gold papers in my stash for a while and I really like how shiny they are so I thought I would use them on one of my Christmas cards this year. And I just happened to have some mint cardstock on my table when I was looking for the paper to use with the kraft one... I quite liked the colours together, so I went ahead and created this card. What do you think? Yay or nay? 

The Christmas ornaments are a Magnolia rubber stamp and the sentiment and the snowflakes around it are The Greeting Farm stamps. I coloured the image with pencils and raised it on foam pads for some extra dimension.


I decorated the card with some pearls, lace and doilies. Unfortunately you can't see this in the pictures, but I used Wink of Stella on my image (the ornaments) so it's really sparkly in person.

Have a wonderful day! xx

I'd like to enter my card to the following challenges:
Simon says (Wednesday challenge): Let's get ready for Christmas
Word art Wednesday: Anything goes
Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge: Anything Christmas goes
Cute card Thursday: Anything goes
Simon says stamp: Card for the World cardmaking day
Addicted to stamps: Christmas comes early
Cardz tv: Anything goes

6 comments:

  1. Pa poglej kje se srečava. Lepo voščilnico si naredila. Bunkice zelo lepo izpadejo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love some of the non traditional coloured Christmas cards and this one is lovely. The gold and the mint go so well together. Thanks for sharing with CHN patterned paper challenge.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your none traditional colour combo, it really works. Sadly I haven't started my own cards yet! I know, I'm leaving it late! I tend to stick to using one range of images and a certain paper pad so they all have a similar style but this year I'm struggling to choose what to do. I have made plenty of Christmas cards for challenges though. Happy card making day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maja
    I just love the untypicall xmas colours on your card. I think it makes it just as festive as if you had used typical colours!
    Beautiful card!
    Hugs, Ally

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)