Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Just because

Hello my crafty friends! How are you doing? I'm enjoying warm(er) spring days. I try to go out with my little girl as much as possible, so this means I have even less crafty time than usual. But I do get some in the evenings, which is perfectly fine with me. :) 

You probably know I don't use digi stamps oftern. In fact, almost never. I have quite a collection of them though (some I won, some I bought), but they are still waiting for their turn to appear on my card(s). While I do like the fact that you can resize digi images and create the whole scenes with them, there are even more reasons I personally don't like using them too much. 
1.) I almost always print the wrong size - can't seem to get this right. *sigh*
2.) I like colouring with distress inks and watercolor pencils, and despite all the tricks and tips for colouring digi images with watercolour mediums, my ink still runs when I do the colouring. Annoying!
3.) I find it MUCH faster to stamp my image than opening word, trying to figure the right size for the image, turning on printer etc. 
4.) Ink cartrige is empty - need I say more?!

That being said, I still play with digi stamps every now and then. And just recently I made this card using the panda digi from Maria Medel Rodriguez. I made this for a lovely lady, for who I know loves this stamp. :)


I decided to use soft colours for this card; I thought that would make a nice contrast against the black and white image. I used scraps of design papers from my stash and some lace, pom pom trim and tiny pearls to embellish the card. I coloured the image with Promarkers and pencils.


So, that's it for today. See you again soon! Bye bye. :) xx

I'd like to enter my card to the following challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's patterned paper challenge: Use patterned paper
Stamping sensations: Anything goes
As you like it: Favourite card bas shape (for me that's square, because I find it easiest to decorate and add layers to it)
The ribbon girl: Card
Hiding in my Craft room: Super scraps Saturday
The corrosive: Anything goes
Little Miss Muffet: Anything goes
Crafty creations: Anything goes

14 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS!!! Love the choice of colors and that adorable stamped image! What an amazing card Maja!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this darling panda card - great idea with the soft background colors. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zelo simpatična. Nežni toni ji nadvse ustrezajo.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a real fun card and pretty colours Cebelica, it's lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very gorgeous card with the soft colouruse. Beautiful pandastamp.
    Twee prachtige kaarten. Je eerste is mooi ingekleurd en versierd. Je tweede kaart is geweldig met deze scene. Prachtig van kleur.
    Dank je wel voor het meedoen aan de challenge van Stamping Sensations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Cebelica. I love the colours and that cute bear. Gorgeous details and design too. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card with a lovely design and soft colours and a cute panda. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't this just the cutest darn image and card!!! You've made a totally adorable creation! Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Stamps Challenge! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card!! The colours and cute panda are fab!! Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! I just found it!! This is absolutely adorable! May I post it in my social media? Crediting you and your blog, of course

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)