Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Mixed media journal cover

Hello everybody! How are you? I hope you had a lovely weekend and that you managed to sneak into your craftroom for a bit and do some crafting as well. I went on a short trip on Saturday and on Sunday I just stayed inside and relax a bit. It was nice.

I've been wanting to try some mixed media for a while now, but haven't really had the courage to actually do it. But the other day I spent quite some time on YouTube checking tutorials and technique videos and that gave me the boost I needed to go and make my first mixed media journal cover. 


I know I still have lots of learning to do, but I'm actually happy with how this turned out the photo doesn't do the cover justice *sigh*). It started as a plain kraft notebook. I removed the covers and painted them with gesso. Then I covered the covers with the gorgeous paper from Maja design. After that was done I started adding embellishments to the page and once I was happy with the look I glued everything down. As you can see I used pearls, buttons, Prima metal embellishments, chipboard, die cuts, lace and lace. Those butterflies were made with the silicone mold, Aren't they great? At the top and bottom right corner I also did some stenciling with Tim Holtz's harlequin stencil. For stenciling I used homemade texture paste


So, what do you think about this journal cover? Do you like it? I soooo enjoyed doing this project. it was messy (you should have seen my craft corner *eeek*), but hey, that's the fun part. lol I'll be definitely making more mixed media project. Hopefully MANY more. I just need to invest in some sprays, paint and chipboard embellishments.

I would like to enter my project to the following challenges:
Live and love crafts: In the garden
Frilly and funkie: It's summer
Craft-alnica: Karkoli samo voščilnice ne
Simon says stamp (Wednesday challenge): Anything goes
Scrapy Land: Favourite colour combo + any dies that SL sells (I used Spellbinders and Sizzix dies)
Vintage utfording: Flowers
Noor design: Here comes summer
Country view challenges: Shabby chic
Love to create: Anything mixed media

24 comments:

  1. ooo kako čudovito beležko si naredila! Krasno si se poigrala z različnimi tehnikami :-))
    Hvala, ker ustvarjaš z nama v CRAFT-alnici ... Srečno!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is fabulous! A beautiful cover for your journey in to mixed media crafting. I love the texture and colours you have used.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous journal!! I love all the details you have on your cover! Your flowers are beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #20!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Love the soft colors and the textures. Fabulous journal cover! So glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ves čas, ki si ga preživela ob gledanju posnetkov je bil dobra investicija :-))) Tvoj prvi poskus ustvarjanja v mešani tehniki je preprosto čudovit! Všeč mi je barvna kombinacija in čudovito okrašen ovitek za blokec. :-) Kako se že reče? We want more! :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. What do I think? I think it's fabulous!! Can't believe it's your first. Beautiful work. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning!! You did an amazing job with mixed media techniques!! I love the colors and textures!! This is gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello Cebelica! this is gorgeous, I adore the cluster of embellies...a beauty for sure! I am having a giveaway on my blog, stop by to enter. so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Maja! Love all the pretty texture and such gorgeous embellishments! BRAVO my dear! Now I can't wait to see your next mixed media project :) Hugs :) Samra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Maja!! It's so wonderful to see you channelling your inner messy mixed media side! Your cover is just gorgeous, I love the splashes of colour on your flower arrangement!! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'It's Summer' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Čudovita beležka, vsega ravno prav za elegantni vintage :).
    Hvala, da si se nam pridružila v Craft-alnici. Pozdravček Lili

    ReplyDelete
  12. Čudovita beležka, kar težko verjeti, da je prva! Zelo lepo si jo okrasila

    ReplyDelete
  13. Krasen izdelek, zelo všeč mi je bogastvo dodatkov čudovitih barv!

    ReplyDelete
  14. tole pa je intro v mmixed medii, samo vauuu lahko rečem ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zelo lepe platnice v mix media tehniki ....:).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, for a first time doing MM you did an awesome job, think you're a natural! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, this is spectacular! My heart longs to dabble into mixed media, as well... really hoping to give it a whirl this summer. I can only hope my first attempt is anywhere near this gorgeous. The design is stunning and your flowers are perfection. Inspiring work, as always. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this, the colour palette is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Noor Design this month

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful first go at mixed media. The colours are so pretty and you have done a fabulous job with the stenciling. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Maja,
    A fabulous first go at Mixed Media. Lovely colours and design. Thanks for joining LLC for our "In the Garden" challenge.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)