Friday, January 31, 2014

Baby boy mini album for a good friend

A couple of days before Christmas my sweetie got a wonderful news - he became uncle. :D His sister gave birth to a beautiful baby boy Lukas. We got to see the little guy for the first time on Christmas eve. We did put a little something for him under the Christmas tree, but we also wanted to give something to the  happy parents. My bf's sister is also a crafter, but she mainly makes cards. However, I know she loves mini albums and while we were living together she's always been admiring the ones I was working on. So I decided to make a mini album for Lukas.

All the design papers came from All about a boy paper pad from Echo Park. I love the brigth colours of those papers and I thought they would be perfect for a baby boy album.

Here's the cover ...


First I added some glitters on the papers. Then I used my foam letter stickers to spel baby's name (Lukas) I decorated the letters with some metal animals. The adorable image is from Yumi and Fumi Handmade. Isn't it cute?! I think it's perfect for boy projects. I just stamped it on the kraft cardstock and cut it out. Since this is an envelope mini album, there are lots of pockets which means lots of extra space for photos and journaling.

These are the first two pages of the album.


As you will see in the photos, this album is full of tags. I wanted my friend to have lots of place for photos and journaling. You will also see lots of pinwheels and ribbons. I used scraps of papers from the All about a boy paper pad to create pinwheels and the ribbons all came from my stash.

These are 3rd and 4th page of the album


I had this cute wooden sun in my stash for a while and I thought it would look great on the page. On the bottom I used the sentiment that came with the paper pad (I just cut it out). It says "You are my boy and you are loved". On the 4th page I created a pocket with a leftover piece of envelope, decorated it and made two tags to put inside.

These are 5th and 6th page of the mini album.


See the white bow on the 5th page? This is actually the end of a tag that's hidden behinfd the yellow photo mat. I also created a small pockt with doily lace and put 2 small tags inside. The other page I just decorated with some embellishments from the All about a boy embellishment pack.

These are 7th and 8th page of the mini album.


pI kep these pages pretty simple. I only used some buttons, fluffy stars and a piece of gold mesh to decorate them.

9th and 10th page of the mini album.


Another page with a tag that can be pulled out and another page with photo mats. Aren't those heart buttons cute?

11th and 12th page of the mini album.


Here I used some more of those metal animals and I added a pinwheel in the center. And on the next side I used some more buttons and arrows from the All about a boy embellishments pack.

The back of the mini album.


Phew, that was a lot of photos. I hope you got the idea what the album looks like and that you like it.

Hugs! xx

I'd like to enter my album to the following challenges:
Rhedd and Rosie's: Anything goes
Through the craft room door: Anything goes
The squirrel and the fox: 2 or more embellishments
Paper creators crafts: Anything goes
The rubber buggy: Anything goes

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift and keepsake for your friend Cebelica.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, I,m sure your friend will be made up with it, a great gift. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Great job w: all of those pages!! Very inspiring, sweetie !! :))
    I've never even attempted one of these,.!!
    Yours looks so perfect for a new mommy to document all of the little boy things!! I love bright papers, too -- this is a happy & fun album!!
    Hugs! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab keepsake, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo kakšen lep album! sploh tele vetrnice so mi zeloooooo všeč! lp

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so stunning cebelica.i love your papers and details.a fantastic keepsake :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation. looks like you spent loads of time on it!

    Thanks for playing at The Squirrel and the fox this fortnight.

    Happy Crafting
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful album! What a sweet gift, am sure they will treasure this beautiful gift from the heart! Love it!

    Much Love,
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, this s simply amazing Cebelica. Such a gorgeous album for a little guy. I absolutely love he DPs and all the amazing design and details. His parents are going to treasure this album forever.
    Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a lovely mini album. Great papers and colours. Thank you for playing along at Rhedd and Rosie’s. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prelep album in čudoviti papirčki! Kakšno vezava pa si uporabila pri albumčku? Če ni skrivnost ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy cow!! This is awesome!! The details are truly made with love. Your BF's sis is going to treasure it. A fabulous gift and adding Chasezilla is so cute! Love it!
    ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous keepsake. Thanks for playing along with Rhedd & Rosie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)