Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pizza muffins recipe

Heya! I got several e-mails about the pizza muffins I made on Sunday so I thought that instead of replying everybody individually, I would make this post.

I got the recipe from the Slovenian book "Od kruha do kolačev". The recipe is for 12 muffins, but I doubled the ingredients, so I got 24 muffins. Anyways, since I know most of you don't speak/understand Slovenian, I thought I would translate the recipe. So here it goes ...

What you need ...

For dough:
400 g flour
2,5 dl milk
1 ts sugar
1 ts salt
1 pack of dry yeast (1 pack here means 7 g)
3 tbs olive oil
a bit of oregano

Other things:
50 g ham
50 g champignons (mushrooms) - not a must
50 g cheese
1 tbs olive oil

Sift the flour. Add yeast. Mix together (with a spoon). Add all the other dough ingredients (milk, sugar ...). Kneed til you get a smooth dough. Let the dough rest in a warm place for about 35 minutes.

Cut the ham and champignons on small pieces. Grate cheese. Add ham, champignons and half of the grated cheese to the risen dough. Mix well, so there are ham etc. all around. Divide the dough into 12 pieces, which are about the same size. Put them to the muffin baking tin. Add some cheese on top of each dough piece. Put the baking tin into an oven, which you preheat on 200°C Bake for about 20-25 minutes.

That's it. :) I'm not very good at writing or translating recipes, so if there was something you didn't understand, feel free to ask (either leave me a comment here or send me an e-mail

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe, tomorrow I will cook! )))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe! I was thinking to ask it after I saw your yummy pizza muffins :) Sounds easy enough to make them. Think I will give a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe this one l will be doing over the weekend thank you so much for sharing this..........:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)