Monday, May 2, 2011

Christmas card again

Hi there! How are you? Enjoying yourself? I sure hope you do! :) Today's the last day off here - tomorrow back to normal. Beginning of May is always great - we get many extra free days. Who would complain?! ;) As you probably guessed, I spent my day crafting. I made the followingcard ...


My plan was to make at least one Christmas card a week. Umm, yeah ... The plan quite failed. *ooops* But luckily I'm still a LITTLE bit more organized as I was last year and am not leaving everything til the last minute.

You know the feeling when you are searching for something and find completely different thing that you have already forgotten it was there? This happened to me. The other day I was searching for something in my cabinet, and I found a whole lot of music sheets. They must have been there for a while. They are from waaaaaaaay back when I was still going to music school. I thought about tossing them, but then it occured to me that they would be great for card making. This one was actually white, but I colored it with Tim Holtz's Brushed corduroy distress ink. Then I took a piece of white cardstock and also colored it with the same distress ink. Over it I stamped with Single snowflake stamp from Stampabilities. The lovely Santa stamp is one of my favourite Christmas stamps. It is Penny Johnson's stamp from Stampavie. From the red cardstock I  cut stars which I drew freehand and decorated their edges with red glitter glue. The ribbons are from my stash.

I'd like to enter this card to following challenges:
Creative craft challenges: Recycling (I used an oldmusic sheet)
Jingle belles: No designer paper
Christmas stampin' all year long: Favourite holiday image
Really reasonable ribbon: Double dutch - use two ribbons, laces or trims

26 comments:

  1. This has turned out great and I love the colours...

    I'm so envious of the music paper as I keep thinking I need to go to a charity shop to see if they have any that I can buy to use.

    I hope you'll get your cards made in time for xmas as times flying by all ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great christmas card. Just love it. thanks for joining us at DDSB.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Christmas card Cebelica, how organised are you? Love the gorgeous image and fab music papers. They look so vintage with the ink treatment you've done.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card well int time for Christmas and the music paper is fab. If Bubbles pops in again then yes, do go to a charity shop, I have two old music books here that I bought the other week the same way :) Hugs, Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Christmas card! Wow you will have yours ready for Christmas time wont you :) hehehehehe

    Thank you for joining us for Really Reasonable Ribbons Double Dutch Challenge :)
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card cebelica.i love the traditional image and your colours are stunning :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun Xmas card, Cebelica! Lovin' the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH NO christmas come early!! cute card thanks for joining us at DDSB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally cute. Thank you for joining us at DDSB this week.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card! love the image and those fab papers :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet card:) You are amazing to be making Christmas cards this early. I think it's a great idea and then when Christmas comes around, you'll have them all ready to go. Very nice.
    Thanks so much for visiting with me today. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning hun, and so organised to start a Christmas card so early! Hugs. Katy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning hun, and so organised to start a Christmas card so early! Hugs. Katy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - I'm lovin' all the layers on this! Great job! I'm SO glad you played along with us at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long! Hope to see you back next week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you turned your surprise discovery into such a wonderful holiday card ... the music makes such a great background ... so glad you joined our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, this is just so pretty! What a fun christmas card!! Thanks so much for playing in the Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge!

    Hugs!
    Connie M.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  18. So wonderful!!!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Hanna and Friends.

    Xoxo
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  19. So adorable. The music paper looks perfect. The image is just so cute with the little puppy begging for her present.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great Christmas card...Love how you used the music sheets,love the image too.....
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely card! so very fun and fabulously festive! and that santa stamp is just TOO CUTE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. A wonderful card!!!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Hanna and Friends.

    hugs
    Swantje

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is precious! I love the music sheet and the polka dot ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab card - Love the image and great recycling. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge. Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is sooo much fun and fabby I LOVE the music bg, what a great way to double it up!!! thanks so much for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The sheet music makes such a wonderful backdrop for your gorgeous image. Love the stars!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)