Sunday, November 4, 2012

Star shaped box/ornament

Hi there! Today is my last day off. I can't believe how fast time is flying when you are having fun. I've done quite some crafting this week (mainly Christmas items) and I've been having a great time. One of the things I've made is also this Christmas box/ornament.




Last year around Christmas I saw Raffaello (you know, that yummy coconut candy)  in a pretty star-shaped box and I "had to" buy it - mainly because I wantedo to get the template for that box, but I didn't mind having some Raffaellos either. lol So, once the Raffaellos were gone, I took the box apart to get the template. And now, after almost one whole year (shame on me! lol), I finally made a box using that template. Is was so easy and so much fun to do! And with this sweet Tilda I think it makes a lovely Christmas ornament too. What do you think? I'm planning to make small soaps (IF I manage) to give out as Christmas gifts to the women in my family and they would fit perfectly in this box. But if I run out of time (this could easily happen since I'm often leaving everything til the very last minute *blush*) I'll just fill this box/ornament with some yummy candy. I'm sure no one would mind this eaither. :P

I made the star box/ornament out of white cardstock over which I stamped with different snowflake stamps. For the main image I used the cute angel Tilda swamp which I colored with Promarkers and later did the shading with Fabe Castell pencils. I know it's hard to see in the picture, but on Tilda's wings I added some diamond SticklesThe ribbon is from my stash. Those tiny stars were made with a sizzix die. In the middle of each of them I added a "pearl" using my Viva decor pearl pen. I also used Spellbinders circle and scalloped circle and Parisian accents dies.

I hope you like my today's project. :) Hugs! xx

I'd like to enter my project to the following challenges:
Die cuttin divas: Anything goes
Marvelous Magnolia: Anything goes
Dream valley: Glitter and bling (glitters on Tilda's wings, but unfortunately it's hard to see them in the picture)
Lovely hAnglar or sweet Magnolia: Girls only
Magnolia Down Under: Make or alter a Christmas ornament
Penny Black and more @ Allsorts: Any die will do
Live and love crafts: Christmas
Christmas cards all year round: Shaped or fancy folds
Crazy 4 challenges: Anything but a card

25 comments:

  1. a beautiful project and so lovely in the purple and gold! no matter what you put inside, i'm sure they'll be treasured. thank you so much for joining our 'any die will do' theme this month at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is stunning Cebelica. I love the purple on your project and all the detail and sweet image xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Loving the color combo you used!
    Thanks so much for sharing at penny black and more, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous creation Cebelica, love the image and beautiful details.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so gorgeous cebelica.really stunning design and colours and the tilda is so sweet :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really pretty Christmas gift box Cebelica.

    Thank you so much for joining in with our 'Any die would do' theme at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhh tole je prekrasno in super motiv si izbrala. LP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Čudovit izdelek Čebelica!! Tole Tildo obožujem!!
    Hvala, ker sodeluješ z nami na prvem Marvelous Magnolia izzivu!!
    Lp, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. So GORGEOUS ♥♥ Love it.
    Thanks for joining us at MM.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The star box is amazing!!! Very clever of you to take it apart to recreate it! Angel Tilda is perfect with the star box. Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so pretty.
    Brilliant idea!
    Hugs
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful little gift box/ornament.
    Thank you for joining in the Penny Black and More Challenge - Any Die will Do and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous gift box. Thank you for joining the DReam Valley challenge this fortnight. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Cebelica this is awesome what a fantastic project beautifully created. I would like to thank you for leaving me such a lovely comment on my blog.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,
    magnific project. I love Tilda. Thank you for joining us to Dream Valley challenges.
    Hugs!
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that is a beautiful decoration that you have made!! I love the star shaped box, and the purple ribbons and colouring:-) Thanks so much for coming along and playing in our challenge this week at MDUC
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there!
    Wow! This is beautiful! Love the amazing coloring and this cute Tilda is one of my favs too - adorable!
    Stunning idea on how to make an ornament, will have to try this :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at MDUC this week, welcome back!
    Hugs, Louise

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an adorable ornament! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is wonderful. love the star shape box idea

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a pretty project with the darling Tilda image! Very pretty colors in purple and gold! Great creation...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow this is so pretty!! Love the start shaped box and that Tilda is so sweet. Very nice. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a pretty box you made! Gorgeous design and colors. Thanks for joining us at the LLC November challenge. Hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  23. Raffaello is my favourite chocolate as well! Gorgeous Christmas ornament...now I remember this flying angel Tilda was on the card I sent you with my blog candy years ago. Time flies, but it's great to see that you're still around. Thanks for joining LLC for our Nov challenge and sorry about my late visit.

    Hugz,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)