Friday, July 15, 2022

Waving hello

Hello! How are you doing? Summer is in full swing - at least in my part of the world. Have you managed to dip your toes into the ocean yet? The sweet little mermaid that is the star of the card I'm about to show you sure enjoys her time in the water. The image is a Sweet November stap and I coloured it with polychromos.

When making a card, do you usually colour your image first or choose the papers first? I always choose the papers first and then colour the image to match the papers. But this time I first did the colouring. And then when I went to look for the papers to use on this card I ran into a problem. I have A LOT of paper pads so imagine my shock when I couldn't find a single sheet of paper I could (or wanted to) use on my card. So I dived into my huge stock of paper scraps and found the green one and the white corrugated cardstock that you can see on the card. Once the papers were chosen the card came together pretty easily. 


To embellish the card I used some pearly and crystals from my stash and I even managed to use some of the marine themed washi tape that I've had in my stash for a while. Score! When all that was done, I thought the card was still missing something, one last tiny detail. And this is where the small shell stickers came in. I didn't have anything suitable, so I asked my little one if she could help. And she could - I guess buying her all those sticker books actually paid off. :P lol


Well, that's all from me for today. Have a wonderful summer! :)

I'd like to enter my card to the following challenges:
Vesela hiška: Poletje
Craft-alnica: Poletje
Girlz creative: Fishing/Maritime
We love stamping: Anything stamped with the option of hot sunny colours
NBUS: Challenge #40 (stamp set is new)

11 comments:

  1. This pretty card certainly has a lovely warm and sunny feel to it Cebelica, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might have taken a while, Cebelica, but your design ended up coming together brilliantly! Your little mermaid clearly loves the way you have put a frame around her and she is clearly enjoying the water. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely and such brilliant colouring. Thanks for sharing it with us at we love stamping this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kako čudovit motiv in fantastično sestavljena voščilnica. Hvala, da sodeluješ v našem poletnem izzivu v Veseli hiški. Valerija DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hvala tudi za sodelovanje pri CRAFT-alnici, kjer sem gostja tokratnega izziva. Valerija

    ReplyDelete
  6. Čudovita je! Hvala za poletno osvežitev, ki jo deliš v naši Veseli hiški in hvala za navdih.
    Prijetno nedeljo ti želim, Majda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zelo lepo si ustvarjala, hvala ker s poletno tematiko sodeluješ pri CRAFT-alnici

    ReplyDelete
  8. Krasna poletna voščilnica. Hvala ti za družbo v Craft-alnici. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zelo lepo pobarvan motiv. Oh, ta problem, ko je toliko papirja ampak vseeno ni pravega. V takem trenutku se čudim sama nad sabo. Zelo dobro si izpeljala vse skupaj. Lepo, da si se nam pridružila pri našem izzivu v Veseli hiški. Pozdrav Janja DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)