Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Happy 40th birthday

Some time ago a friend of mine asked me if I could make a card for his co-worker. And he had some additional requests as well: he wanted me to use an image that would look like his co-worker (if possible), write the number "40", use some tulips and also use an image of the cake somewhere on the card. I wasn't sure if I could fulfill his requests (especially the one about the image looking like his friend), but I knew I wanted to try and do my best. It was definitely a challenge. 

I was most worried about finding the perfect image, but when I saw the photo of the birthday lady I knew I have the perfect image for the card. Later he told me that when the lady received the card her first words were "oh, that's me". :D So, score!

Here's the card I made...


The image I used is from Santoro. I coloured it to look like the birthday lady. :) Since this card was made some time ago I can't remember which image (from what company) I used for the cake. Sorry! I did the colouring wih pencils.

The gorgeous papers are from K&Co. I embellished the card with pearls and some gorgeous flowers from I am roses and from my stash.


So much for today. Have a lovely day! xx

I'd like to enter my card to the following challenges:
Cardz TV: Anything goes
I am roses: Anything goes
Creative fingers: Anything goes
Allsorts: Anything goes (optional: monochromatic)
Cute card Thusday: Anything goes

8 comments:

  1. Great image and lovely colours, super embellishments too. Thank you for joining our 'Monochromatic' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty feminine card in all the shades of pink for our AG/Mono theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant Allsorts challenge, wrong hat on!

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous birthday card! Not only that you incorporated all the requested items, but you arranged them oh so pretty! I would have probably said, ok, now, stop right there :)
    Your cards are always fun!
    Take care,
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card with this pretty image, gorgeous papers and loving the sketch!
    Thank you so much for sharing this week at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lepa in bogata voščilnica.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)