Saturday, May 9, 2020

Shabby chic birthday card

Hello there! How are you doing? Things are sloooooowly starting to go to the "new normal" here; things are about to reopen etc. But there are still many safety measures in place.

I made this card for my grandma's birthday. I was thinking hard which stamp to use on the card, but atthe end I decide to make a shabby chic card without the cute images. And this is the result.


The gorgeous papers I used for this card are from Lemoncraft. Between most of the layers I used a doubble sided sticky foam to create a bit of a 3D look and give the card a bit more dimension. 


I distressed the edges of the papers and used some white gesso here and there. Between the layers I "tucked" a white paper doily.  I fussy cut the flowers from one of the sheets that came with the paper pad and layered them using the double sided adhesive foam. I printed the sentiment (it's in Slovenian and it means "happy birthday") and added it on the card. To complete the look I was going for I stamped some butterflies on the watercolour paper, coloured them with TH distress inks, fussy cut them and then glued them on the card. I finished the card by embellishing it with some lace and pearls.


Have a beautiful day! xx

I'd like to enter my card to the following challenges:
Word art Wednesday: Anything goes
Cardz TV: Anything goes
Creative inspirations: Fabulously feminine
Allsorts: Anything goes
Virginia's "Show and share" - May show and share
Gem of a challenge: Anything goes
A vintage journey: Beautiful blooms

9 comments:

  1. Čudovita nežna voščilnica. Zelo lepo si razporedila plasti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card for your Grandmother Cebelica, I am sure she will love all the lovely flowers and Butterflies and the fact you made it so special just for her. Thanks so much for joining in with our new theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty, some lovely images and dies and super colours, Thank you for joining our Birthday challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. How soft and beautiful! So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL! Very happy to see your lovely work! Thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Week 10 at Gem of a Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your layering. I am sorry I am so late commenting but I have and computer issues and no one available to fix it. Thank you for sharing your project with us at Crazy Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Myrna S. Design Team Member. Please also join us for our weekly Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Card Challenge at http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)