Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Magnolia, but a bit differently ...

Hello everybody! Can you believe it's July already? Goodness, time's flaying by so quickly! Have you got any summer holidays planned? We will be going away for a week (to the sea - yay! :D) and I'm really looking forward to that. 

So, I was invited to be a guest designer at ABC challenge blog and the theme of the challenge that just started is "M for Magnolia". Not difficult, right? But you can make it complicated if you want - like I did. I do have several Magnolia images, but did I use any of them? No, of course not. Why take the easy way? *sigh* My card is a bit differently from what you might expect. Here's what it looks like ...


You're probably thinking "What on earth has this card to do with Magnolia?!". Well, believe it or not, it actually does. I actually used 3 different Magnolia products on this card. First, the design paper is from Magnolia (it's called Butterfly dreams), then I used Magnolia die (vintage mistletoe) for the leaves and those crystals are from Knick Knackery's (vintage diamonds and pearls by Magnolia) as well. See, told you my card does fit the challenge, even though there are no Tilda or Edwin. ;)

The little birdie was stamped on a piece of white cardstock and then I cut it out with my scissors and covered it with gloss gel. Flowers, lace and pearl trim came from my stash.

I hope you will come play with us. I can't wait to see your Magnolia creations. :)

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs! xx

I would like to enter my card to the following challenges:
Papertake weekly: Take your pick (I chose product theme - pearls)
Die cuttin' divas: Anything goes
Sparkles monthly challenges: Vintage or shabby chic
Simon says stamp (Monday challenge): Summer (I was inspired by nature in the summer - everything is green, birds are singing, flowers are blooming ...)

16 comments:

  1. čudovita vintage je, taki lepi detajli in to senčenje ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maja .... kot GD si naredila čudovito Magnolia voščilnico in res ni nujno, da uporabiš Tildico ali Edvina. Papir v ozadju je čudovit...kot tudi celotni izdelek.
    Lp, Jana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh, Maya! This is gorgeous! You always did such amazing job with layers and shabby chic style of card - kinda wish I have your skills. lol! I absolutely love the addition of the pearl trim. It adds such an elegant feel to your card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your Guest Designer position! They are blessed to have you alongside them. I love your take on the challenge theme! Your layering is spectacular, with each beautiful element made even lovelier together. The birdie is so sweet, the embossing is stunning, and the trims make me swoon. The butterfly dreams papers are one of my favorites... I'm hoarding my last tiny section of the purple version! Your creations make me so happy. :o) And you get to go to the sea this summer?! That's amazing! I can't wait to hear about it. :o) Have a wonderful night, my friend!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your guest spot Maja, they knew what they were doing when they asked you, that's for sure!! I'm glad to hear you are taking a week for holidays, I'm sure you must need it after the hubbub! This is probably one of the prettiest Magnolia cards I've ever seen, I really love that you didn't use one of the images but opted instead of other products from the company! Very creative and gorgeous to boot! That bird stamp is so pretty, what stamp set is that from?? Your colours are soft and lush and the doilies and pearls add the Maja touch that I love!! Big hugs my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pamellia! Oh yes, I neeeeed those holidays. They can't come soon enough. lol
      The bird stamp is not from any set. It's a single rubber stamp from all night media. You should be able to find it if you do some googling. :) It's really pretty.
      Big hugs to you too! xx

      Delete
  7. Such a pretty card with so much wonderful detail! The colours are beautiful and the little bird is the perfect finishing touch! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful card! love all the layers and soft colors used
    hello from california bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card love the pearls and your gorgeous image and card design. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of the die cuts that you used to put this card together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saw your blog link on Passionate Paper Creations, following you, would love you to follow me too,
    Hugggs Lori X x X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card; love all the elements you used. Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty clever use of your dies and image. So pleased you joined us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)