Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Trying something new

Hey hey! How are you? I'm enjoying my free days. :) Not long anymore and I will be able to fully relax and enjoy in summer holidays. Can't wait! :)

We started renovating the apartment a couple of days ago. We're in no hurry so we are working there for as long as we feel like it - sometimes it can be the whole day and sometimes it can only be a couple of hours. We're planning a trip to Ikea in the following week or two. I'm really looking forward to this. I LOVE Ikea! :D

But enough babbling ... Let me rather tell you a couple of things about the card I'm about to show you. My sweet friend Rosie sent me a water brush and some distress inks a short while ago (thank you girl!!!) and after watching several YouTube videos about coloring with water brush I finally decided to give it a try. I still need a lot of practice, but I think the result is ok for the first  time. Well, I'll let you be the judge. Just don't be too harsh, ok? ;) Anyways, here's the card.


I used the sweet Tilda with big tulips for my card. As I said, it was colored with distress inks. The inks I used are tea dye, vintage photo, antique linen, walnut stain and tattered rose. When the image was dry I added some glitter glue on the tulips. Around Tilda I stamped with Magnolia chocolate stamp. I used several different dies on the card. The lace border around Tilda and the big flower are Marianne design dies, the corner is Spellbinders die, the swirl on the left is TH die and the swirl above Tilda is a part of one Marianne design flower die. The small flowers were made with my craft punch. In the center of each flower and on the corner I added pearls from my stash. The pearl striengs behind the big flower are from Rayher. The lace and ribbon are from Crafty ribbons. You can find the lace here and the brown velvet ribbon is here. I didn't use and design paper on this card. I just used my old music notes sheet and coloured it with distress inks.

I would like to enter my card to the following challenges:
Magnolia Down Under: Sepia coloured image
Midweek Magnolias: Make it girly with ribbon and pearls
Bizzy Becs: Monochromatic + one other colour
Simon says: Anything goes
Tilda's town: Special occassions (birthday)

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs! xx

20 comments:

  1. Wow this is absolutely beautiful and your colouring is stunning and such an adorable image too simply gorgeous you should be really proud of yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound very bust at home Cebelica, but you still managed a really stunning card as always.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Cebelica, love the sweet image and pretty details.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zelo lepa, super izbira barv :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ÄŒudovita je, tudi ta odtisek mi je zelo lep
    lp Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo kako je lepa in barvanje ti gre super od rok!!! lp

    ReplyDelete
  7. joj kako je ljubka; super si jo sestavila! Uporabila si krasne barve in dodala ravnoprav dodatkov :-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love the yellow flowers. Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town for our challenge
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  9. so beautiful cebelica.your colouring is fabulous and I love the sweet tilda :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. a pretty design card! and you did the sepia so beautiful xx
    thank you for joining MDUC this week and welcome back!
    Hugs,
    Yulis

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow hunnie you've done an amazing job. your card is simply gorgeous. With all the Details and that Cutie....i love it so much.

    Lots of Hugs
    Dunja xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow your card is just gorgeous! Love the magnolia stamp you used here. I just got your wonderful thank you tag, you are so very welcome for the sweet pea stamps that I sent. Hope you enjoyed them. You should make a card for the Sweet pea challenge blog, your cards are so gorgeous. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW your card is simply gorgeous and your sepia colouring is so very beautiful xx <3

    Thankyou so much for joining in with my choice challenge at MDUC.
    Hugs Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww this is really pretty Cebelica, I love the yellow and brown together, and of course the image is really sweet, I love Tildas :) Enjoy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Precious, and I think you did a great job coloring. Sweet image and awesome creation.
    Have fun with the apartment. Yes, I guess sometimes work can be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Cebelica your card is a stunner, you are really busy at home and you still managed to make this beautiful card. I love the Distress Ink Coloring!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  17. A totally gorgeous card my sweetie, I love the colours & your colouring.
    Thanks for playing along this week at Midweek Magnolia's, hope you will join us again.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Cebelica, love the cute image and beautiful design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty, Cebelica. Love your Distress ink coloring! It's fun, isn't it! You did an excellent job! Thanks for joining us at the Midweek Magnolias this week! Hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  20. stunning card, i love the colours and the layout.
    thank you for playing on the June Bizzy Becs challenge, I hope to see you works in the next challenge.
    Francy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)