Monday, October 16, 2017

A box of sunshine

Hello my sweet friends! How are you? We had a lovely (lazy) weekend as family. We went out for walks, did some cooking at home, watched some telly, played some games... Perfect! Hope your weekend was nice as well!

Have you ever heard of "box of sunshine"? I came to this term a while back when I was browsing the internet. Basically it means that you take a box and fill it with lots of yellow things and send/give it to your friend/relative/penpal... I loved that idea so when one of my friends wasn't feeling well I just knew that I wanted to send one of those boxes to her. :) I tried to get many different yellow things that I thought she would like. Here's what I bought.


I also bought her 2 wooden Gorjuss postcards (she collects postcards), but forgot to add them to the pile when I took the picture.

Of course I also had to make a card to send it with the parcel. 


I sticked with the sunshine theme and made this CAS card. I didn't use any design paper, just yellow and white cardstock. White cardstock was embossed with Cuttlebug's embossing folder. I used googly eyes on the sun and drew the mouth by hand. Sentiment is a TGF stamp (Mini remix- Happy). I embellished the card with a few sequins.


So much from me today. have a sunny day! :) xx

I'd like to enter my card to the following challenges:
The Greeting Farm: Monochromatic
7 kids: Anything goes
Word art Wednesday: Anything goes
HeARTful stamping: Anything goes + stamp
Fab'n'funky: Word art

14 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I'm sure your friend loved this box of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, love your happy sunshine card, and what a fabulous and thoughtful way to cheer up your poorly friend!
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful card (and your lovely idea!) at Fab n Funky this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Čudovit paketek za kolegico, sonček kar sveti od te rumene bare, pa tudi voščilnica s sončkom je na mestu. Pika na i darilcu
    lp Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh taht is all so nice!
    very pretty card!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of "a box of sunshine" but is looks realy summery.
    I realy lik it a lot.
    Your card will makes it all complete.

    -xiss- Renate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. kakšna super ideja, prvič slišim zanjo in kako dobro si se znašla z vsemi "pripomočki". voščilnica pa res pravo sonce ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of 'a box of sunshine' but what a lovely idea it is. You've also make a lovely card.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bright and sunny card, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. :-))) Such a sunny card!

    Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Fab'n'Funky! Good luck :-)))
    Troppo Stella DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is darling. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. I'm delighted to have you play along with us.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello my friend, long time no see! I'm so glad to be able to finally drop in and say howdy, and what a blast of cheer I got when the page loaded. This is brilliant, the bright yellows, the googly eyed sun, the lovely embossing... a truly wonderful card full of joy!! I'm off to see your haunted house, I've been looking forward to this all morning! Hope you received my email? hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That box of sunshine is such a fun idea and the card you made to go with it is super cute! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh this was so sweet of you!!! And the card is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for joining us this month over at 7 kids challenge blog!
    Aleksandra (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)