Thursday, August 10, 2017

Christmas in August

Hello! :) How are you doing? I hope the temperatures are not too high where you live. We had a terrible heat wave last week, but this week it's better - we got some rain and temperatures dropped down a bit. Now it's actually possible to go outside for a walk and enjoy it.

Have you started thinking about Christmas yet? I know it still seems far away, but I know I should start working on my cards now if I want to have enough to send to my friends when the time comes. Especially with my crafting "speed". ;) This Christmas card I'm about to show you was made for one very nice lady. We decided to do a Christmas in August card swap. I was feeling like making a vintage style card, so here's the result.


This card was inspired by one of the cards on my friend's Pamellia cards. To me she's the queen of shabby chic/vintage style so when I am in the mood for making something in that style and am in need of some inspiration I hop to her blog and am always in awe of her creations.


For my card I used some papers that I has in my stash. I distressed the edges and started layering patterned paper on pieces of white cardstock. All the layers are glued on top of each other with foam pads, which gives the card some dimension.


Image is embossed with gold embossing powder from Ranger. I decorated the card with some flowers, ribbon/lace, wooden snowflakes and pearl stars. When everything was glued together I randomly sprinkled some gesso mixed with water over the card.

So much from me today. Have a beautiful day! xx

I'd like to enter my card tothe following challenges:
As you like it: Favourite embellishment (lace and flowers, because they give the project an elegant look)
Noor Design: Anything goes
Deep ocean: Shabby chic/vintage
Winter Wonderland: Use ribbon, lace or twine
One crazy stamper: My favourite things (Christmas, lace, flowers)
Incy Wincy Designs: No words
The paper shelter: Blooming days
Scrapy Land: AG + use brand of dies that SL sells (I used Memory box, Wild rose studio)
Crop Stop: Linky party #31 (brands from the store: Ranger, Memory box)
Craft-alnica: Bleščeč božič v avgustu

18 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful Christmas card! I love all the textures and layers and those wonderful distressed edges! Absolutely gorgeous!!
    Thanks for linking this beauty up to the Cropstop blog - it's great to have your play along this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card and love the detail. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland and hope you will join us again. Carol S. DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous vintage style Christmas card! Love all the details and layers. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous card in our challenge at One Crazy Stamper

    ReplyDelete
  4. prav neverjetna voščilnica, paša za oči.

    ReplyDelete
  5. noro dobra bogata voščilnica...vse pohvale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! I love all the layers and so wish I could emulate your style. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layered christmas card. Thank you for joining in the No Words Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Imenitna je v vseh svojih plasten, prav neverjetna, bleščeče lepa :)
    Bleščeč dan tudi tebi, Majda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Čudovita voščilnica, všeč so mi barve in kako si skombinirala vse dodatke.
    Hvala, ker si se nam pridružila v CRAFTalnici.
    Pozdravček,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card ! Thanks for joining us at SCRAPY LAND challenges blog and good luck
    Maryvonne, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  11. Outstanding layers!! Such a wonderful and creative card! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zelo lepo bleščečo se praznično voščilnico si naredila :-)) Všeč so mi tako papirji kot sama večplastnost in izbor papirjev, ... Zelo šik!
    Vesela sem, ker spet ustvarjaš z nami v izzivu CRAFT-alnice … Srečno!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous use of embellishments! Thank you so much for sharing with us at AYLI for this challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Krasna vintage, praznična voščilnica. Takšne bogate imam res rada.
    Hvala, da si se nam pridružila v Craft-alnici. Lp LILI

    ReplyDelete
  15. Smrečka se lepo blešči in celota je zelo bogata. Lepo, da si se nam pridružila v CRAFTalnici.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)