Saturday, July 15, 2017

Beach

Hello everybody! Phew, summer is in full swing here. What's it like over there? Is it also very hot? Here we had some VERY hot days et the beginning of the week, but now it's more bearably, because we got some rain and the temperature dropped a few degrees. Not much though, but I think every single degree counts. Are you planning to go anywhere on vacation this summer? Possibly somewhere by the sea? We were planning on going to Rovinj (Croatia), but we canceled because of everything that was going on with our little girl (who is now feeling fine, thank god!). So instead of a week by the sea we are going on short trips around the country. This week we went to the ZOO, flower garden and botanical garden. In botanical garden they have whale and dinosaur exhibitions which Amadeja really enjoyed, as well as other things for kids, so it was really fun for our little girl. She was running around the place and we were playing hide and seek. Lots and lots of fun. I hope we will go there again in August.

Anyways, I won't go on and on about what we've been up to and what our plans are. I'll rather get to the crafty part. Sounds good? ;) 

A new challenge just started at The Sketchy Challenges blog and this forthnight the theme is "beach". Perfect for the summer, right? I know that for many of you this might seem like a very easy theme, but for me it was a real challenge. I don't really do summer cards. I mean, if the challenge is "summer" I will chose bright colours that to me scream summer, but that's it. Occassionally I might add an ice cream image or use another summer image on my creation, but not often. Well, for this challenge I couldn't get away with using just bright colours and I don't have any beach stamps. I was checking some digis and was even thinking about buying one or two, but I am not a big fan of digi images to be honest, so at the end I decided against that and became determined that I will find another way (besides drawing, which was sort of my back-up plan). And I did! I created a beach (scene) using the cute sand castle and starfish stamps from the TGF Little mermaids stamp set and the sand rubber stamp from Rubber dance's Retro beach stamp set.


It's a shaker card! Aren't these fun?! I kept the design of my card CAS. The only embellishment I used are those tiny pearls I glued on a banner. The sentiment is from the Little mermaids stamp set as well.



So much from me today. Enjoy the summer! :) xx

I'd like to enter my card to the following challenges:
The Greeting Farm: Shaker cards
7 kids: Anything goes
One crazy stamper: Anything goes
AnMa Creatief: Summer

7 comments:

  1. Super, da ste zdravi, tudi mi smo se potepali po arboretumu. Voščilnica pa krasna, super ideja za plažo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shaker card is stunning! :)

    Thank you for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS - Ellenor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable beach scene and so fun you make it a shaker card! Thank you for sharing your card in our challenge at One Crazy Stamper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the details on this cute beachy card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What aan great shaker card! Love it! Beautiful looking.
    Thanks for joining our challenge at AnMaCreatief!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so so amazingly gorgeous! I adore your card! Thank you for joining us over at 7 kids challenge blog this month! Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)