Thursday, August 20, 2015

Altered Pringles can and a recipe

Hello my crafty friends! How are you doing? Good, I hope. First let me apologize for "teasing you" with that cake in my previous post. That was not my intention. So to make things right I'm sharing the recipe with you (I made some changes to the original recipe and I'm sharing my version). I had to translate the recipe so if there's something you don't understand, just ask. Also, you can find different variations of this dessert online, but for me this one rocks.
(Linda and Pamellia this is especially for you two. ;))

So, here's the recipe ...

PUMPKIN CAKE ROLL

Ingredients:
6 eggs
5 tbsp sugar
1 vanilla sugar (approx. 8 g)
100 g ground pumpkin seeds
1 sour cream (approx. 180 g)






Separate egg whites from the yolks. Mix together 6 egg yolks, sugar and vanilla sugar til it's light and fluffy (usually takes me a couple of minutes). Add pumpkin seeds and slightly mix again. While mixing start adding beaten egg whites with your spoon. Make sure everything is mixed and then pour the mixture on the baking tin (and don't forget to use the baking/wax paper) - mine is approx. 34x27 cm. Bake 10-15 minutes at 180° Celsius. 
When you take the cake out of the oven, turn it on a (slightly) damp kitchen towel, remove the baking/wax paper and roll up the cake. Leave it like that for a minute or two. (This helps to roll the cake once the filling is on and prevents the cake to crack.) After the minute (or two) is up, unroll the cake and spread sour cream all over it. Roll the cake again and wrap it in a tin foil. Leave it like that til it cools.

That's it. Easy, right? (I hope I made it clear - again, if you have any questions, just ask.)

Ok, and now to my altered Pringles can. I've been wanting to alter one of these for ages, but I've never gotten around to actually do it. Feels good to finally be able to cross one thing of my "things-to-try" list. :) My cousin is addicted to Pringles (if you ask me he lives of that thing *sigh*) and he was kind enough to save some empty cans for me, when I asked him to. So now I am stocked with those. :)

Anyways, here's how my very first altered Pringles can turned out ...


This thing is pretty darn hard to photograph, but I hope you get the idea what it looks like. As you can see I used a lot of different lace, flowers and pearl string on this project. I also used some flower shaped crystals at the bottom. 


The butterflies are stamped (it's a Rubber stampede stamp), covered with glitter glue and then fussy cut from the cardstock. 


This is what the top of the lid of the box look like. More flowers, pearls and 2 punched butterflies.


Wo much from me today. Have a wonderful day! :) xx

I'd like to enter my project to the following challenges:
Avenue 613: Anything goes
Craft heaven: Bingo (lace, flowers, bling)
The corrosive: Utterly feminine
Fab'n'funky: Things with wings
Not just cards: Anything goes

10 comments:

  1. hvala za recept
    moram ga isprobati
    wow ! ovo je predivno!
    pozdrav

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes! Sounds really yummy, I'm going to have to try making it, thank you for sharing :) Your altered Pringles tin looks so beautiful, nobody would ever guess it was your first try at making one of these it looks stunning! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. vau dvakrat, tale škatlica je res nekaj posebnega.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cebelica what a fantastic and beautiful altered can loving all that wonderful lace thank you for joining our challenge at FAB 'N' FUNKY
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, Cebelica, I'm loving all the texture and beauty on the can! Even more, I'm loving that recipe. Pumpkin 'anything' is a favorite of mine. :-D I'm delighted to see you playing along in our "Texture" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Good luck in the draw and come play again in our next challenge, won't you?
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Krasna škatla. Kombinacija rožic je čudovita.

    LP, Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOoh I'm so glad I came by to see your project Maja! Not only is your creation totally gorgeous but the cake looks amazing too! I will take a copy of it and have a go when I can. I adore your altered Pringle tin - such a lovely idea and such a beautiful result. Thank you for entering the TTPH (Flowers) Challenge this month, lots of luck to you.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry - I should have called you Cebelica!!

    Hugs Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. To pa je predelava..
    Vsi detajli so čudoviti.. Saj veš da sem vsa nora na vse kar je shabby in vintage..
    Resnično krasen izdelek!
    Hvala, ker si se odločila, da ga boš delila z nami na avgustovskem Craft Heaven Shop izzivu!
    LP, Tina
    Craft Heaven Shop

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely thanks for joining us xx Jan CCC DT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)